Logging on weekends sucks.....

Options
So I need some encouragement and advice, everyone. I am really good at logging my food during the week when I am on the computer most of the day at work. Over the weekends I am terrible about remembering to log in and keep myself accountable. Anyone have any tips? I do use the app, but I forget that too.....

Replies

• Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I first started using the app, I would eat my weekend meals with my phone in my hand to get used to the fact that I needed to log the bites I was putting in my mouth. If I was out or was short on time, I took a picture of my meal then logged it when I had a few extra minutes. After a month or so, logging my meals just became a habit like any other. Good luck!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    When people want to do something they make time for it. That is the truth hurts answer.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand people who have this problem.. Sorry bout it. Pre-plan your food, log it, and eat it. 7 days a week. Problem solved.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone's advice here. If you are committed, you will do it. I know it can be harder to stick to you budget on the weekends, but I really don't understand how you could just get temporary amnesia and "forget" you are doing this on the weekend for some reason. - It's a weird concept for me, but if that REALLY is the case, set an alarm on your phone or something.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Logging is part of my daily life and routine, just like anything else I do. Just don't forget? That's my advice. I agree with JM...set an alarm or something.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone?

No excuses then.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Tikibar72 wrote: »
    If I was out or was short on time, I took a picture of my meal then logged it when I had a few extra minutes.

That's a great idea! May add that one to my arsenal :)

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its part of my daily routine. I log several times a day because im focused and losing weight/ getting fit is important to me. It doesnt stop at the weekend. you can ofc prelog your food, but it has to be accurate. If you arent logging at the weekend, then thats a choice you make.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do semi-cheat saturdays. I don't go whole hog and eat everything, but I always cringe a little when log my calories. I make time to do it, but I think taking a pic would be an awesome idea!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's like brushing my teeth or wiping after I pee. It's not optional.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I sit on the couch a million times a day on the weekends, so I just grab my phone and enter my food. Takes two minutes.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I struggle on weekends as well. Not with logging per se, it's just that usually I either go out or visit family or friends and so accurate logging becomes a problem. But I guess if I try to maintain a reasonable deficit during the week, and don't go crazy with eating on weekends, it won't matter that much in the long run.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's hard. It's another one of those things that for me takes some time to work up to. Maybe everybody else here is perfect right out the gate, but when I start making changes I can't do them all at once. I do it slowly, and logging on weekends is one of the last things to fall into place. But it is true - if you're committed, you'll do it.
    My advice - don't beat yourself up over it, but make an effort to do it next weekend.
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I set an alarm on my phone for 8pm called "Log Food". I mostly remember now but in the beginning I would always forget.
  • hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Honestly since I have the app on my phone there's no forgetting. I guess if I really did have issues with that I'd set the phone alarm to remind myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    smart phone...lap top
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Log before you eat and leave a note on the front of the fridge :-)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It's like brushing my teeth or wiping after I pee. It's not optional.

Pretty much this. My phone is basically glued to my hand when I'm about to eat. Weekend logging is harder because I have so much food sitting around my house but I log it BEFORE I eat it. Even if I just want a cookie. Before I even touch the package, I make sure it gets logged and it fits first.

I have seen some people on here eat under their goal during the week and not log at all on the weekends. You could try that but it can be a slippery slope and if your weight loss stalls, that would be why. I have my "hog wild Saturday's" but even then I log it to make sure my week is good. Best advice is to just make it a habit and do it. Sorry if that's not as helpful.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Honestly, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't on the weekends. I have to get back into logging M-F right now and I just try to eat well on the weekends. I don't go ridiculous but I do allow myself to be a little more relaxed. I lost 20 lbs last year before I pregnant.

But I do try to work out every day, even if it is just a walk.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When I began using MFP I did the same thing. The reason I was not logging though had more to do with me knowing that I was not eating right on the weekend. This accounted for me not losing weight and I found that I needed to stop separating the 2. You can easily wipe out a weeks worth of calories by going on a cheat day binge. If you are not logging on the weekends, you need to ask yourself why.

Stop separating you weekends from your week and be consistent. Consistency is going to be the biggest thing that will keep you from falling off the wagon. It keeps your weekend cheating from turning into a Monday of cheating that then turns into a week worth of cheating with you thinking, I will get back on track next week.