Logging on weekends sucks.....

Options
2»

Replies

• kr15ty_k
    kr15ty_k Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On weekends I cheat pretty bad (drinking, pizza... blahh). I dread logging it but I do anyways to remind myself how many calories are in those foods/drinks. It helps for making better choices in the future. You can do it Mandahon3!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I usually end of not counting because I haven't 'planned' what I'm going to eat. I end up eating out or going to family or friends house for get togethers. I try to remember to eat sensibly, but sometimes, it's just a pain.
  • mldrown
    mldrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Since I'm down to a managable weight, I don't log on the weekends. I try not to go crazy, allow myself some treats, eat until satisfied. M - F are for logging and keeping track for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Even on weekends I'm on my computer multiple times per day...surfing the web, checking email, shopping on Amazon, social media, etc...do you really stay off the computer all weekend?
  • babyseal_24
    babyseal_24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Get the Pact app. If you don't log all three meals, you have to (literally) pay for it. It's cruel to your wallet sometimes, but it does the job well.
  • mandahon3
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    I agree, it's hard. It's another one of those things that for me takes some time to work up to. Maybe everybody else here is perfect right out the gate, but when I start making changes I can't do them all at once. I do it slowly, and logging on weekends is one of the last things to fall into place. But it is true - if you're committed, you'll do it.
    My advice - don't beat yourself up over it, but make an effort to do it next weekend.

Thank you for the support. I was not looking for people to tell me how I have no excuses, or that I should pay if I don't log. I just wanted some ideas on how to make sure I fit it into my schedule.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything until I log it because that reason. I try and log a day ahead so I'll know what I should eat, and then I have plan.

Get the phone app. I was away over the New Year for 6 days and logged truthfully everyday. If you want this, you'll do anything to get it.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Log all food at the start of the day. I do this daily. Which also means I have already planned my meals.
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes! Plan your meals and log them all at once :smile:
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I always log my food on my phone right before I take the first bite. It always holds me accountable and has become a healthy habit. My life is spontaneous so logging in the morning is not an option because my plans change often with little notice.

I plan an entire week's meals out with the recipe calculator when I make my shopping list. That way I have a good estimate of what my daily caloric intake will be ahead of time.
  • deedeeandboo
    Options
    Mandahon...I get this completely. During the week, my life is pretty regimented, but on the weekends, I try to make a clean break from work when I can. I keep my exercise up, but I drink less water, sleep less, and always seem to have a special treat to eat. It probably slows my weight loss down, but it makes this marathon do-able.

Loggin in simply may not always fit into your weekends. A little grace for you may keep you strong during the week...and in the long run!
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I struggle with weekends, too. My kids and I often stay with my parents on weekends. They aren't so great with nutrition. I was pretty much raised on pop tarts and ramen noodles and while they're starting to do better, sometimes I open the fridge at their house and there's literally nothing I can eat. It's tough because I usually don't have money to stock their kitchen as well as mine. Also I sometimes eat out with my husband Sundays (date night!) It can be really hard to accurately log restaurant food. Thank goodness for the new disclosure laws coming into effect.
    While weekends have been my last hurdle, what they AREN'T is a sign that I'm not committed or that I'm not trying. I think my 30 pounds loss and completely changed lifestyle are all evidence that I am. We all have our speed bumps. Or at least those of us who are not perfect do. I sure has heck ain't perfect. Don't beat yourself up over it. Keep trying. They say changing habits takes hard work and time. You'll get there. And you certainly aren't alone.