30 Day Shred

Options
Im on day 6, level 1 of the 30 day shred...anyone else try it before? Anyone complete all 3 levels? Is it worth it? S/N...its KILLER if you have bad legs, knees, ankles, etc :sad:

Replies

• aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I am doing round 2 of the shred. I haven't advanced to level 3 yet, but plan to on the 16th of May. I'm dreading it because I do have craptacular knees and it's soooo hard on them. But, the 1st month I did it I lost 10 pounds and numerous inches. I actually feel guilty if I don't get that workout in somewhere in my day.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jillian says she has 400lb people doing jumping jacks - somehow - I doubt that!! Killer on the knees for sure.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I completed 2 rounds....here is my post upon completion of second round.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218252-30-day-shred-round-2-complete

There is a link to post after first round too
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I am on day 5 level 1. I love it, but agree that is hard on the knees. Hope it works!! Can't wait to advance to level 2.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I did!! I loved it!! I just finished her new dvd Ripped in 30 last week too. It gets easier once you build up your endurance. Stick with it. :happy: And if you make it all the way through and feel like your endurance has significantly improved (which it will) you definitely should move on to her Ripped in 30. It is set up just like the Shred but its 4 levels - one week per level. I saw results in 2 weeks. It is harder but not too terrible. Good luck :smile:
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I have done it, and have done all 3 levels, but have never stuck with it for the full 30 days! I like it, it is a good workout, but it is very hard on the knees, and I don't feel that 20 minutes is enough of a workout for one day. I did notice when I stuck with it that my arms we toning up, but that was about it!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am on L1 D 10 at first I just did extra jump ropes instead of the jumping jacks but it does get easier.
    So far I have lost 5.5 inches and i've gained a little weight but I think it's due to toning up and not enough water.
    Can't wait to complete the program=)
  • tvalerio1980
    Options
    I started and was on day 8 and tweeked my back :(. But I loved it while and plan on starting back when I am healed.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Day 10 today of level 1 and I felt so strong doing it. It was a good workout - first time I have felt strong doing it!
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    How do you log your exercise when you do a Jillian workout? I just did her 6 pack in 6 weeks workout! I can honestly say I beleive that if you do it every day for 6 weeks it would probably give you 6 pack abs! It was hard!
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I log the shred as circuit training...the abs I would probably log as calisthenics.