Need MFP friends to help get rid of old me forever.

So I’m looking for MFP friends for motivation and support. I need to kick old me’s butt.

So about a month ago I made a decision to change. I knew I wanted to lose weight and had used MFP successfully before but stress of moving and my mother dying of cancer made me gain all that weight back. I asked myself what would new me be doing so I decided to join the gym would be a good start. I wake up every morning and walk into work and workout a hour each day. After a few weeks I thought this exercise has got to be more than just lose weight and get healthier so I started the couch 2 5k running program. Every week the program increases running duration and old me brings doubt and negativity back thinking how can I possibly run 3 mins I barely could to 1.5 last week but so far I’ve been kicking his butt each week.

If you are making a change and want help or support message me or send me a friend request.

Replies

• got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Sent you a friend request. I need friends and support also.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    You mention all the exercising you do, which is SUPER awesome - I applaud your efforts - but how's your diet? What do you need the most help with?

Abs are made in the kitchen. Weight lost is 100% calorie deficient, exercise is for health.

Feel free to friend me - but I warn you, I'm tough and and somewhat of a PIA.
  • sent you a friend request
  • michaelputz
    michaelputz Posts: 25 Member
    Right now I Lift 3 days a week and run 4 days a week. I'm set for losing 1 lb per week but don't eat most of my calories back. My job is fairly active so I do 12-15k steps daily which also helps.
  • mad_strawberry
    mad_strawberry Posts: 101 Member
    FR sent :smile:
  • michaelputz
    My diet isn't the best but i try and hit my macro goals and eat a calorie deficit.
  • ErinLyn
    ErinLyn Posts: 1 Member
    @kristen6350‌ I need a PIA! I'm in a similar spot @michaelputz‌! I'm struggling with the whole deal, getting the motivation to workout at all, but beating myself in the kitchen is definitely the hardest! I'm an emotional and very picky eater... the struggle is real.

Stick with it! Sending a friend request your way :).
  • 692ecs
    692ecs Posts: 33 Member
    I added you as well, I am also doing the C25K and I have missed weeks here and there and every time I get back into it my brain tries to tell me that there is no way I can run for 10 or 15 minutes...
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Feel free to add me, Michael.
  • michaelputz
    I'm fine with a PIA, i have no one in real life to hold me accountable so anyone who wants to call it as they see it is fine with me.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    sent you a request
  • lm2008
    lm2008 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new too and would love some friends in MFP! I sent you a request.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    I'm always open to new friends ^_^
  • I've always had a problem with my weight ever since I could remember. I was almost 400lbs when I first started using this site. I dropped down to two and change. But I miscarried six months ago and the loss and depression threw me off track. I now weigh 236lbs. and my fiance and I want to try again but before we do I need to get health. And I really do need some support and motivation to keep up with it. And to everyone else with their stories good luck with everything.
  • BigmanTG
    BigmanTG Posts: 645 Member
    Request sent
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    I sent you a request. I've gotten a hold on the eating thing, but the exercise part is hard. I don't feel like I have a lot of time to go to a gym. I'm gonna try to get on the elliptical 30 minutes a day.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    You sound a lot like me a few years ago. I'm still working at it but have made a lot of progress with strength training and running. I'll send you a FR