Zig Zag Calories

Options
Ok today (this week) I started zig zagging my calories...I have a question however...first let me say I went to freediet.com so that I can get the right amount of calories for each day.....for instance today my goal was 1590...I burned 772 calories...I had left over 468 cal I was suspose to eat back...I think....my question..on my high calorie day...should I workout? Or should I just eat the calories and have nothing left over? If you've done this before pelase help me....:ohwell:

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I want to know more about the zig zag!

Someone told me to try 900 one day and then 1500 and then just keep repeating.

Has anyone tried something like that?
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing is eating more on days where my workout is more intense or the day before (to maximise my burning capacity) and eat less on other days - especially on days where I have no workout planned. It has been working really well for me!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I try to eat back what I can so I am netting what was recommended.
    A MFP member helped me and advised me to do 1340 days 1 and 2 then 1650 on Day 3 and repeat. These are NET so if I exercise on any day I eat back my exercise calories. Tonight was a bit rough though as I had 400+ to eat back and it is pretty late. I had a few snacks to make sure that I was at the very least netting 1200. I try to stay on target and so far it is working like magic.

Here is my post and progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229833-zig-zagging-calories-day-1
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    On my zig zag day I do half of my usual cardio or do strength training on that day.
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    I try to eat back what I can so I am netting what was recommended.
    A MFP member helped me and advised me to do 1340 days 1 and 2 then 1650 on Day 3 and repeat. These are NET so if I exercise on any day I eat back my exercise calories. Tonight was a bit rough though as I had 400+ to eat back and it is pretty late. I had a few snacks to make sure that I was at the very least netting 1200. I try to stay on target and so far it is working like magic.

Here is my post and progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229833-zig-zagging-calories-day-1

Ok I sort of get it.....I should have eaten the 468 calories...on my high cal days....I should work out lightly....I checked out the topic you posted..very helpful.....thank you
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I can give you an example of what I've been doing (I'm definitely not saying I'm perfect...) My workout cycle begins on Sunday and my break days are Friday and Saturday.

Saturday: no specific workout planned - eat close to net calories
    Sunday: 1st strength workout - eat below net calories (I make sure never to go below 1200)
    Monday: 2nd strength workout intense - eat over net calories (maybe 150)
    Tuesday: cardio intense - eat well over net calories

Wednesday: 3rd strength workout - eat slightly below net calories
    Thursday: 4th strength workout - eat slightly over net calories
    Friday: no specific workout planned - eat well below net calories (but not under 1200)

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    On my zig zag day I do half of my usual cardio or do strength training on that day.

Good idea!
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    Perhaps I can give you an example of what I've been doing (I'm definitely not saying I'm perfect...) My workout cycle begins on Sunday and my break days are Friday and Saturday.

Saturday: no specific workout planned - eat close to net calories
    Sunday: 1st strength workout - eat below net calories (I make sure never to go below 1200)
    Monday: 2nd strength workout intense - eat over net calories (maybe 150)
    Tuesday: cardio intense - eat well over net calories

Wednesday: 3rd strength workout - eat slightly below net calories
    Thursday: 4th strength workout - eat slightly over net calories
    Friday: no specific workout planned - eat well below net calories (but not under 1200)

Hope this helps! :smile:

It does...thank you...I started today...I guess I kinda messed up!! It's good though!! Tommorow is a new day
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    bump