Anyone have experience with the P90X eating plan?

bcmallwalker
bcmallwalker Posts: 63
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
My husband is starting P90X and wants to try and follow the diet plan that they suggest. I'd love some practical suggestions from someone who has followed their plan for breakfasts & lunches that I can fix for him to take to work. Also family friendly recipes for supper. I don't want to have to fix different meals for everyone. I've glanced through their book and the recipes they have seem kind of ridiculous, 10 egg whites = 1 protein serving. It sounds pretty expensive. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Replies

• Michaele4
    Michaele4 Posts: 2
    I did the P90X eating plan for a month and found it really expensive and unrealistic as well. The meal plans were designed to replenish your body with protein and carbohydrates because the workouts are intense and long. What I ended up doing instead was invest in a quality supplement shake drink (Recovery Drink) and ate normal as i usually did with rice, lean chicken, egg whites, etc.

Breakfast was usually
    2 or 3 egg whites
    1 cup baby spinach
    1/4 cup shredded cheese
    1 medium tortilla
    1 sausage patty or link sliced thinly - I used 1 cause of my shake was high in protein so i knew protein would be replenished later.
    and about 1 tbsp of salsa for taste

Snacks consisted of 1 fruit and or "health" bar

Hope this helped.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Why does your husband want to do p90x?
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Why does your husband want to do p90x?

Wow. That's like asking why someone is using this website, or why someone is exercising in general. It sort of goes without saying, don't you think?
  • Glucocorticoid
    No, it really does not.

As for your comparisons, even those do not "go without saying". People can use this website for a variety of reasons, and people can exercise for a variety of reasons.
  • Well, I'd have to ask him to really know. He has lost 50 lbs. this past year following Weight Watchers, walking, (4.5 - 5 mph up to 10 miles a day) and he just finished an 18 week exercise program with EA Active 2 (med & hard). I'm guessing that he wants to get toned and build some more muscle, besides improving his physical fitness. I think he does want to lose maybe 5 - 10 more lbs.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Ignore that question, it doesn't need to be answered. P90X is a great program and the results speak for itself! Good luck to your hubby!
  • Glucocorticoid
    You are doing Insanity. Don't you think you might be a little biased?
    Well, I'd have to ask him to really know. He has lost 50 lbs. this past year following Weight Watchers, walking, (4.5 - 5 mph up to 10 miles a day) and he just finished an 18 week exercise program with EA Active 2 (med & hard). I'm guessing that he wants to get toned and build some more muscle, besides improving his physical fitness. I think he does want to lose maybe 5 - 10 more lbs.

That's good that he lost 50 lbs. How much of it was fat?
  • That's good that he lost 50 lbs. How much of it was fat?
    [/quote]

I really don't know how to answer that question. I don't monitor him when he weighs in to see what his body fat % is. I found the info that I was looking for elsewhere. Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.