Food Choices

Options
I am doing the shake for breakfast and one later in the day however I don't think that is enough calorie intake so what could a meal choice be?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Anything you want to eat that fits into your calories
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I am doing the shake for breakfast and one later in the day however I don't think that is enough calorie intake so what could a meal choice be?

Do you think you'd enjoy eating actual food for breakfast and lunch instead of the shakes?

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Food is a great ideal and fits into your calorie goal.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Anything that you'll still want to eat 2 years from now. You can't do shakes as meals for the rest of your life...
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi OP! Welcome... what's the reasoning behind drinking "shakes" and what type are they? Are you restricted in your diet by your doctor?
  • kendrickmj0385
    kendrickmj0385 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some of you don't have to be rude it's an honest question that I had. I'll be removing myself from this.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Anything that you'll still want to eat 2 years from now. You can't do shakes as meals for the rest of your life...

Why not?
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    First you determine your daily calorie needs. So, if it's 1300 calories per day and your shakes are 200 calories each, you have 900 calories to plan a nice meal. One with lots of protein, veggies and fruits, and wholesome grains. Don't forget water too.

But really, shakes are great for an occasional meal replacement but perhaps you could do a bit more research into just eating real food.
    Unfortunately most people who lose weight from very low calorie diets end up regaining the weight when they return to normal eating. It's much healthier and long lasting if you take the time to figure your daily needs, find a deficit you can keep with, and take your time losing the extra pounds. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What would you like to eat?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Some of you don't have to be rude it's an honest question that I had. I'll be removing myself from this.

Wow, no one has even been rude. You need to toughen up, butterup.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Hi. I agree with those who've said that there's really not a lot of rudeness in this thread. You asked an incredibly broad question and got some very broad answers in response (as well as some questions that might help).

What's a good meal choice? Well, that depends on how many calories you have left to eat. It depends on what kind of nutrients you need to fit in your day. And it depends a lot on personal preference. If you don't want to answer questions or share more information, I understand. But there really isn't an easy way to answer your question other than to say whatever you want to eat that fits in your goals.