garmin vivofit/walking

Options
So question for all you smart people out there. I got a vivofit and I know its not exactly accurate but its helping me want to move more. I have learned by my many failed attempts of weight loss I burn out fast. Will it help if I just move more diurring the day... Ex...taking walks around my house or jogging in place multiple times a day? I want to do this right this time I'm tired of falling flat.

Replies

• lizrd65
    lizrd65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have something I always tell people that are in my motivation group and it is simple "Just Keep Moving". I feel like as long as your active, it's better than doing nothing. I have a Vivofit as well, and love it.
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    move more, yes! I have the fitbit and often find myself dancing around the house, just to get moving.
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I got a vivofit for Christmas & it has helped me beyond belief. I like how it 'yells' at me when I sit too long. And I love how it makes me move more because I like meeting the daily goal. I have it set toautomatically change my goals so it goes up a little bit each day. I've already bypassed my expectations. I never thought I would move this much. The challenges also help by bringing out my competitiveness without being overwhelming. MFP is a huge help also. I like keeping track of my foods & it syncs with the Garmin app.
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I guess what I need to know is...is the only way I'll lose weight is by busting my hump for hours or can I do it just by moving more throughout the day?
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    One of my wonderful MFP friends started a group to help encourage moving more. It's a nice site with a bunch of fitness tracker users. Check it out, and best of luck! http://www.quittingthesitting.com/
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mary407 wrote: »
    One of my wonderful MFP friends started a group to help encourage moving more. It's a nice site with a bunch of fitness tracker users. Check it out, and best of luck! http://www.quittingthesitting.com/

I will look into that thank you
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It also depends on if you eat fewer calories. But the more you move, the more likely you are to lose.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hey, my vivofit hasn't synced with mfp (not even manually from the garmin connect site) since January 30th. Anyone else having issues?
  • tokidokistarr
    tokidokistarr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm having the same issues too