100 pounds in 182 days

Options
Hello there, my name is Ryan and today marks the beginning of my journey. I plan to lose 100 pounds by July 27th which is 182 days away from today. I have been overweight my entire life and have tried to lose the weight before but always end up quitting a few days in. I have come up with a plan though to post a video on YouTube today letting everyone know I am going to do this and win. I am hoping to find others who want to do something similar that way we can be in this together. Please feel free to add me on here and take a look at my YouTube channel where I will be doing updates periodically. Good luck to all as well on your fitness goals.

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/UWsfv3_h7SI

Replies

• Chepuly685
    Options
    Good luck...
  • stevenmurphy1238
    Options
    Good luck Ryan just stay focused and youcan do it.
  • jesselaine1234
    jesselaine1234 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck ryan! I'm too camera shy but I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing your progress. Remember to stay positive and focused on your goal! I have to remind myself of the same thing daily! You got this!!
  • RyRyTheOne250
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. Good luck to everyone as well on your goals.
  • thicbeauty1992
    thicbeauty1992 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, just want to wish you luck on your weight loss journey. I also have similar goals. I'm doing 100 pounds in 100 days. But even if I lose half that I'll be happy. I Figured setting the bar high would make me work harder. I'm 30 days in and 20 pounds down since my last weigh in, which I do once a week. Gonna shoot you a friend request. Remember to stay focused, work hard, and don't give up :-)
  • LVas89
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What happens if you don't lose 100 pounds by your goal date?

I find when I set goal dates it never happens and I give up.

I think 100 pounds in 6 months might be pushing it to much. I lost 121 pounds in 2 years 9 months, taking it slowly and healthier weight loss and a better chance of keeping it off.

I would do 1-2 pounds a week.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Eisenhoogle
    Eisenhoogle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!
  • jenisid
    jenisid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck everybody! I'm trying to do 40 pounds in 6 months as I'm getting married in September. I've being going for one week now and I'm finding it really difficult to stick to the 1200 daily calorie allowance. I've lost 1.5 pounds in one week, but I need to be more strict. How do you guys do it?
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    jenisid wrote: »
    Good luck everybody! I'm trying to do 40 pounds in 6 months as I'm getting married in September. I've being going for one week now and I'm finding it really difficult to stick to the 1200 daily calorie allowance. I've lost 1.5 pounds in one week, but I need to be more strict. How do you guys do it?

1200 is low and most people do have a hard time sticking to it. 1.5 is a very good weekly loss, especially with only 40 pounds to lose. it took me 3 years to lose 85 pounds. which is a long time. but i like food and found a safe and healthy way to lose and be happy while doing it.

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    What happens if you don't lose 100 pounds by your goal date?

I find when I set goal dates it never happens and I give up.

I think 100 pounds in 6 months might be pushing it to much. I lost 121 pounds in 2 years 9 months, taking it slowly and healthier weight loss and a better chance of keeping it off.

I would do 1-2 pounds a week.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

take this advice ^

• isparkle4
    isparkle4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all on you weight loss journey... If your looking for friends feel free to request me... Extra motivation never hurts:)
  • It isn't healthy to lose that much weight, that fast. Please reconsider, 2 Pounds a week; is typically the maximum. Therefore it should take you 50 weeks, which is 350 days.
  • rkirkham900
    Options
    Good luck! My goal is 2 pounds per month.
  • jenisid
    Options

1200 is low and most people do have a hard time sticking to it. 1.5 is a very good weekly loss, especially with only 40 pounds to lose. it took me 3 years to lose 85 pounds. which is a long time. but i like food and found a safe and healthy way to lose and be happy while doing it.

Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations on your accomplishment! I really admire everybody for getting there, it's so difficult to control your appetite, but mostly train your brain to let go of the bad eating habits.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What is important here is that you started your journey. Something you are doing right now. Good luck to you and stay strong!
  • jenisid
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

This was very helpful! Thanks!!!
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this Ryan! Don't listen to any negativity. I have lost over 40 pounds since Oct. (tomorrow is my official weigh in but I weighed this morning just to see. I will log it on MFP with tomorrows weight.) Everyone on here has advice and opinions and some are negative but I really do believe that they all have your best interest in mind. Set your goal and work at it every day. My biggest piece of advice to you is IF you end up having a bad day and overeating DON'T get discouraged and let it turn into days or weeks of bad eating with no accountability. The next meal is a fresh start, a new chance to get back on track. STAY THE COURSE!! Good Luck!