Made To Crave

Options
Has anyone read the book "Made To Crave"?

It is a Christian based book that explores the spiritual needs that many need to address as part of their weigh loss journey. It's purpose it to help those who struggle with weight focus on a Christ centered journey to be healthier. If anyone is interested, I would love a few fellow Believers to be able to discuss the book with. Or there is a free 21 day devotion offered on the author's website that might also be good to go through with others.

Replies

• VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am using this book as well. If you don't mind, I'll send you a friend request.

:)
  • Palmetto0208
    Palmetto0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to re-read and re-study this book as well. I loved it, but totally fell (hard) off the wagon after reading it at the beginning of the year. I'll send you both friend requests, if you don't mind. Maybe we can start a "book club"?
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I loved this book and the insight Lysa provided.
  • ceen43
    ceen43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you all doing this? Can I join in?
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh! I've never heard of this book! It sounds great. I'll see if I can pick it up. I've been working on prioritizing Him in daily life, even with the weight loss, so I think it would be a great read!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hi there! MFP has updated their terms of service to protect discussions about religions and other divisive topics by requiring that they be kept in the privacy of a group so that only those who want to participate within the tone of the original post will be there and so that you can moderate your own thread. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    In, just in case.
  • skinnycow256
    Options
    Has anyone read the book "Made To Crave"?

It is a Christian based book that explores the spiritual needs that many need to address as part of their weigh loss journey. It's purpose it to help those who struggle with weight focus on a Christ centered journey to be healthier. If anyone is interested, I would love a few fellow Believers to be able to discuss the book with. Or there is a free 21 day devotion offered on the author's website that might also be good to go through with others.

I just read the book~ AWESOME! I also bought the book "The Alternative Diet" (i believe i got it for a penney on amazon) and I also thought that book was even better! It's also a Christian based weight loss. By following the principles in that book I've lost a pound in 3 days without any dieting. I'm just beginning of course but wanted to give u a heads up on that book as well. If u love made to crave u will love this one also!
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lysa has soooo many good books (Made to Crave, The Best Yes, Unglued) !!! I was just thinking about pulling this book back out of my cabinet and reading it again. I don't think I have made it past the first few chapters. I really want to get further this time. Let me know if you start a group because I am very interested! I need the accountability!
  • candyastra
    Options
    I have that book too! As well as many others by Lysa but have yet to read them. Think I will start tonight. Feel free to add me! I'm 31, married, 1 son and love God! :) I have struggled all my life with my weight, lost 105lbs only to put 30 of it back on, but i'm determined to get it back off, just need the motivation
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    Oooooo I'm going to have to look into these books. Thank you! Feel free to Friend Request me! I can use tons of encouragement right now! Especially from christian brothers/sisters! :)
  • momsailor
    momsailor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So is there a group to join? I have begun this book...
  • missjulierenee
    missjulierenee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Has a group been created? I'm reading the book and loving it!!
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the book too. I'm new to the message boards, so I'm not sure how a "group" works or if this is one!?! The book is amazing (it's not the first time I've read it) and I really NEED to make this journey one with God and one for Him.
  • missjulierenee
    missjulierenee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm really interested. This book changed my life. :)
  • SuzyH
    Options
    This morning I read the part about "I'll start again on Monday" ... or for me "tomorrow". Lysa said “God, I want a biscuit this morning. Instead, I’m eating poached eggs. I’m thankful for these eggs, but I’ll be honest in saying my cravings for other things are hard to resist. But instead of wallowing in what I can’t have, I’m making the choice to celebrate what I can have.”

Before I read this this morning, I was standing with my frig door open thinking about the diet soda. I know that some people are okay with diet soda, but I'm not. That doesn't mean I don't like it. Standing there thinking of all the reasons I should not drink it collided with the extreme desire to drink it. Don't ask me how, but I didn't drink it. Then I read this from Lysa and knew it was a God-thing. I so need to be more in touch with God to help me through this... and I guess if it means craving something so bad that I want it regardless, if I pray to get through the craving I'm getting closer to God. Doing this to honor God makes me more accountable and I have a better reason than just doing it to "look good".

Looking forward to this journey with you!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had signed up for the 21 day thing on Made to Crave. Is there a group on MFP for this, if so I would like to join.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    If this becomes a group, I'd like to join as well. I have read Made to Crave and like it a lot. I am currently doing the Taste for Truth 30 day Bible Study by Barb Raveling and the accompanying app called I Deserve a Donut. The app is $2.99 and sends you to different scriptures and through self-reflection questions based on the situation or emotions you may be experiencing. It's very, very good.
  • SuzyH
    Options
    How does this become "a group"? Anyone know? If so, let's do it! :smile:
  • Sheena0323
    Sheena0323 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually lead a bible study on this book several years ago! Loved it! Candace Cameron Bure also has a great book about how to make a healthy lifestyle choice not dieting.