Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    89d.gif
    All I can say is: I hope this picture is fake.

Me too @Arliah‌ .That cow looks like it's still alive. Not funny at all :disappointed:

Pretty sure that is a gif from Me, myself and Irene and the guy in the gif is Jim carry.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I knew a lady from India who was overweight. She complained that she only ate rice cakes and other diet food every day. She was mad at her doctor for telling her that the Holocaust didn't feed the prisoners and they were all very skinny. She thought he was making fun of her. Eat less, move more, and you will lose weight. Very simple.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    89d.gif

I think it is from that Jim Carey movie , so yes fake
    Oh, good. You never know ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if I agree with the OP please. The lack of paragraphs won't allow me to read it

Yes, you agree with op...happy??
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Cliffs are:

Starvation mode is not real because people still starve to death and the Minnesota Starvation Experiment showed only a 40% decline in metabolism, which means the participants still lost weight.

So we are not breaking new ground???
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Cliffs are:

Starvation mode is not real because people still starve to death and the Minnesota Starvation Experiment showed only a 40% decline in metabolism, which means the participants still lost weight.

Definitely not. I imagine it's new to the OP though.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    89d.gif

Actually that scene is hilarious...it's the movie where he has multiple personalities...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Cliffs are:

Definitely not. I imagine it's new to the OP though.

Sigh...maybe one day we'll make history in mfp land..,,
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    89d.gif

Actually that scene is hilarious...it's the movie where he has multiple personalities...

Okay, Thought so but wasnt 100% sure.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    89d.gif

I agree. Totally inefficient.

Much better to pound it like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYMSsITCp2c
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Because I like sourcing things, this seems to be the original: http://www.fattyfightsback.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html

Though it's been copied so many times that it's hard to say.

Sourcing things is polite. Copyright infringement is bad.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    speaking from my own experience. very low calorie diets wreak havoc with metabolism and how I burn calories. I was on a liquid diet and lost 30 lbs in one month. when I went to eating low calorie 1200 I gained back all 30 lbs. plus more. I went on another low calorie diet where I ate 600 calories a day and was losing 3 lbs a week. again when my calorie intake went up to 1200 I gained back everything plus more.
    My MFP calorie goal daily is 1280 to lose 2 lbs a week and is way more sensible.

Starvation mode or not my body doesn't do well on too few calories
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Selina,

Your paragraph is too difficult to read because it has no paragraphs, thus I did not read it.

Starvation mode to the common dieter does not exist. In other words, if you eat too little, your body will not hold onto fat and stall weight loss.

Science dictates:

You eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight.
    You eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight.
    You eat about the same amount of calories you burn and you will maintain weight.

There is no way around this. Even if you have diabetes or insulin resistance, you still have to figure out how many calories you need to lose weight because it might be lower than what you'd expect.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Poor OP hit a paragraph bandit and got some teal deer skepticism. She was serving some truth. The TL;DR version is thus: "Starvation mode doesn't apply to overweight people seeking weight loss. Stop thinking you'll lose weight by taking in more calories. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works."
  • Selina_Kyle_60
    Selina_Kyle_60 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ok sorry I have not been on this site very long also this is new to me. I am not some super fit person that is knowledgeable about all things fitness. if you don't like it just don't respond its not that serious. its not necessary to chastise people
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What does TL; DR mean?

And Selena, not having a go. But using paragraphs makes things so much easier to read and understand xx
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    ok sorry I have not been on this site very long also this is new to me. I am not some super fit person that is knowledgeable about all things fitness. if you don't like it just don't respond its not that serious. its not necessary to chastise people

What you see as chastising are simple, honest answers. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    What does TL; DR mean?

And Selena, not having a go. But using paragraphs makes things so much easier to read and understand xx

TL;DR means too long; didn't read.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    eC4xAs1.gif

I love South Park. LOL