5 foods to speed up your metabolism And lose weight

Options
Green Tea: Green tea contains epigallocatechin, which stimulates the nervous system—without elevating your heart rate. The Journal of Nutrition reports that people who drank green tea and exercised regularly burned more calories than those who sweated but didn't sip.

Peppers: jalapeños, habañeros, and cayennes don't just add flavor—thanks to a chemical called capsaicin, these veggies amp up your calorie burn too. "Research shows that a spicy meal can increase your metabolism by up to 25 percent for three hours after you've eaten it

Cinnamon:Cinnamon is a great natural metabolism

Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, high on fiber content and they keep you full for longer hours.

Cranberry juice: Besides being high in anti-oxidants, cranberry juice is also an excellent diuretic which removes all the excess fluids from your body. This cuts down on weight gain due to fluid retention.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Um, nope. Mistake #1, believing what you read. Broscience.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Um, nope. Mistake #1, believing what you read. Broscience.

This.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    5th5jp8e7nmb.jpg
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    ofkz3s4quvic.jpg
    bro.jpg 64.8K
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "They keep you full for longer hours"? I thought an hour was the same length everywhere. Clearly you have much to teach me.
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've eaten these foods without exercising and I did see results within two weeks. Whether you believe what I have to say or not it works, at least for me did
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Did you also happen to be eating at a caloric deficit, by chance?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Imagine that.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cinnamon is a natural metabolism.
    Is that right? :neutral_face:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

That's the thing... on every packet of weight loss pills and potions it says in small writing
    " must be used in conjunction with a diet and exercise program"....
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    bfield92 wrote: »
    Green Tea: Green tea contains epigallocatechin, which stimulates the nervous system—without elevating your heart rate. The Journal of Nutrition reports that people who drank green tea and exercised regularly burned more calories than those who sweated but didn't sip.

Peppers: jalapeños, habañeros, and cayennes don't just add flavor—thanks to a chemical called capsaicin, these veggies amp up your calorie burn too. "Research shows that a spicy meal can increase your metabolism by up to 25 percent for three hours after you've eaten it

Cinnamon:Cinnamon is a great natural metabolism

Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, high on fiber content and they keep you full for longer hours.

Cranberry juice: Besides being high in anti-oxidants, cranberry juice is also an excellent diuretic which removes all the excess fluids from your body. This cuts down on weight gain due to fluid retention.
    With the exception of a very negligible thermogenic effect from the caffeine in green tea and the capsaicin (thats probably eclipsed by the total amount of peppers one would have to eat to induce a significant weight loss) how does any of that "speed up your metabolism."

Unless by "speed up your metabolism" you mean by "magic" well okay then.
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    OP was only half correct. In order to garner the full effects of these foods you must do the following: Blend 14 Tsao Green tea leaves, 6 jalapeno peppers, 4 tablespoons of Non casein cinnamon, 2 cups blueberries and 2 quarts of Cranberry juice with ice, blend well, then put in the fridge for 72 hours, then enjoy. In that 72 hour period, do not eat or drink anything but water and walk every twenty minutes or it will inhibit the benefits of this magical exilir. Do this for a month and watch the pounds disappear!!! You are Welcome............. Love Bob the Troll......
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Damn. I was hoping for brownie brittle.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AquabearGO wrote: »
    OP was only half correct. In order to garner the full effects of these foods you must do the following: Blend 14 Tsao Green tea leaves, 6 jalapeno peppers, 4 tablespoons of Non casein cinnamon, 2 cups blueberries and 2 quarts of Cranberry juice with ice, blend well, then put in the fridge for 72 hours, then enjoy. In that 72 hour period, do not eat or drink anything but water and walk every twenty minutes or it will inhibit the benefits of this magical exilir. Do this for a month and watch the pounds disappear!!! You are Welcome............. Love Bob the Troll......

*sings*
    I fell into a burnin' ring of fire
    I went down, down, down
    And the flames went higher,
    And it burns, burns, burns,
    The ring of fire, the ring of fire...

• AwsBrah
    AwsBrah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    iti works for me, its personal, i am differnet, i am alien, it works,f u gusy, its good, lose weight all day errday
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry for food. My morning blueberries did not keep me full for hours. I haz a sad now. Broken blueberries not doing their job.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    AwsBrah wrote: »
    iti works for me, its personal, i am differnet, i am alien, it works,f u gusy, its good, lose weight all day errday
    I'm convinced.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    bfield92 wrote: »
    I've eaten these foods without exercising and I did see results within two weeks. Whether you believe what I have to say or not it works, at least for me did

These results you speak of are they why your ticker shows 0 lost and 32 lbs to go? Guess those could be results of what we shouldn't count on to achieve our goals