Around 5'4" women....

Options

Replies

• jbancroft4
    jbancroft4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm 160 pounds. I am a Small or Medium in shirts (Medium prob looks better but I like to say I'm a small ;) ) I am an 11-13 in pants. I carry most of my weight in my thighs and tush so pants are always hard to find because my waist is fairly small.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would fit into a size 8 at that weight. I usually hover between about your weight and 190 (a big hover, I know), but I do not remember the last time I wore anything less than a size 12.

But then, if one person is wearing a 12 women's/ 15 juniors, y'all are shopping at different stores than I am. 15 juniors fit me when 14 women's are tight to right. I have more of a junior shape than a woman's shape, at least according to the fashion industry.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4". I started MFP in November at 177 lbs and I am currently 149.9 lbs.

I can now fit in a size 8 dress. My aim is to get to 135 lbs and wear my size 6 jeans again ;o)
  • rowanctg
    rowanctg Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a shade under 5' 4" -- 5" 3 3/4" to be exact -- and last weigh-in (Apr 19) I was 231 lbs, I wear a size 18/20W top and a 22/24 bottom...big on top, big belly, wide hips....I'm hoping to get down to a size 12/14...
  • andreabjarnson
    Options
    5'4" - 125LBS. and i wear a size 10 big hips and thighs-small everything else:grumble: . interesting to see where other people are at.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    5'4" - 125LBS. and i wear a size 10 big hips and thighs-small everything else:grumble: . interesting to see where other people are at.

Haha yeah me too...my sister and i are the same size...but we cant wear the same size pants hips cuz my dang hips are bigger than hers..ugh!
  • GoGetTonedHippie
    Options
    I am 5'3 & weigh around 134ish, I wear size 7 or 28 in jeans & medium tops.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet and can't wait to get in a size 8 :blushing: . You lucky girl you!!! :bigsmile:
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 139.8 lbs (woohoo, just got below 140 today haha), my goal weight being around 125. I'm a US size 6 I think (according to the conversion charts, as I'm not from the US and have other sizes where I am).
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Im 5ft 41/2ins. I weigh 149lbs and am still in a size 11 or 12 pants. I just wish I fit into a size 8. Maybe canadian clothes are smaller lol :smile:
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    I am 5-4 and weigh 176. Wear a size 14 - 16 jeans and L - XL tops. When I was 157 last year I wore a size 8 dress. I carry all my flub in the belly making it hard to fit into pants.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and today weigh 130. I can usually wear two sizes at a time ... My AE 6's slide down without a belt... And my 4s are pretty comfortable. When I was in the 170's I was wearing 14s.N

Edited to add that my gut is where most of the extra fat likes to go. If I can reduce some of this belly fat then I might find an actual waist under there!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3" and 5'4". I started at 185 lbs and size tight 14, now am 140 lbs and size 8. My chest is still large, though I can actually fit in to Med shirts. yipee! Good luck!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently weigh 163lbs. I'm a medium in tops and a 12 in pants. I have always been bigger in the butt/thighs - even back in the day that I could wear a size 6 lol. My measurements right now are 35" bust, 31.5' waist, and 43.5" hips - ya that's right - 43.5 - told ya that's where it all goes!! When I was at my heaviest (about 195 last summer - felt yuck!!) I was in a 16 pants and when I was at my smallest (about 125-130) I was a 6-8. Very good post - it's so interesting to see how different we all are. It just goes to show the number on the scale is just that - a number :) but I look forward to that number reading about 135.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 163 lbs.. I wear mostly 12s with the occasional 10.. but they are still a bit tight. My first goal is 150 and comfy in my 10s with the occasional 8. I started out at 176 and was wearing 14s with the occasional 16.
  • epage35
    epage35 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow...everyone sounds soooo tiny!! I'm 5'4 1/2". I'm currently 245lbs and it's killing me to be this big. My husband tells me its' just because I had a baby in December but that doesn't seem like an excuse to me. Not really sure what size I wear anymore as I'm usually just wearing his clothes around the house. I think/hope I still fit a Canadian size 18w pant though and will wear anything from on XL up for shirts...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 8/10 (and sometimes a 6). I weigh 150lbs. I have wider hips though. I can wear a size 10 in any store, any brand. I find that for some reason clothes manufacturers want to cut 8's too narrow through the hips for me. I'm easily an 8 in my waist (possibly a 6 even), but my hips are more comfortable in 10's -- which means I have to wear a belt.

I'm okay with it. I always said I wanted to be able to walk into any store - expensive or cheap and fit into a 10. I can easily do this, so I'm happy. :)
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3", in a size 10 and weight 165. I also carry my weight well
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weight 80kg (around 176 pounds). I'm now fitting into an Aussie size 14 which I think is about the same as an US size 10. Wish we had your sizing, I'd love to go into a shop and buy size 10 clothes!
  • AlexandraM119
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'4" and started out weighing about 116 upon graduating high school. However, with work, two jobs, school, and a boyfriend I love cooking for, I've gained roughly 9 to 10 pounds. Since I started using this site though, my weight has dropped back down to 115 and I can comfortably wear small tops and size 2/3 jeans. My goal is 110 by the middle of June!