Very small win, but a win nonetheless!

Options
So, five years ago I embarked on a weight loss journey that was very successful and brought me to the lowest weight of my remembrance. Two years and 94 pounds later I was 20 pounds from my goal weight and got pregnant with our second daughter. Pregnancy was not kind to my body and after I had her, I was so overwhelmed and disgusted with my weight that I just decided to quit trying. Fast forward to about a month ago and I decided to get on my scale for the first time in months. I cried when I stepped on the scale and it said 306. At my lowest a few years ago, I was 170.

So, two and a half weeks ago, I once again set out on this journey to make myself healthier and to feel better about who I am. Today I stepped on the scale and saw 299! Never in my life did I think I would be happy to see 299 as my weight, but today I am. Seven pounds in seventeen days...I'm starting to think I may actually be able to do this!

Replies

• Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's so great
  • nyiahsink
    Options
    THAT'S GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are trying to get healthier! Please know that you will be so glad you did. I am 60 yrs. old now, with a multitude of health problems. I have 3 beautiful grandchildren , and I want to see them grow up! So I am on this journey as well. Remember to take notice of your MFP nutrition "pie chart" . Carbs are our enemy! We only need them for energy to exercise, and that's about it. I had been told all my life to count calories and eat no fat; but they have now proven that was WRONG!!! Thank goodness I'm not dead YET. Dr. Atkins was almost right, and now he's added some healthy carbs to his diet. I would eat low calorie before MFP, but most of it was carbs (because they were easy on my stomach). Now I'm focused on eating more protein and fat...and I'm finally losing weight!! I am excited. Please add me as your friend. I would love to be on this journey with you. Diane
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You totally can do it!!! Enjoy the small victories and mini goals met along the way they are oh so sweet =) keep up the great work! :D
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You can and will do this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!