so what if I go over my daily goal!

13»

Replies

• SexyHealthyFit175
    SexyHealthyFit175 Posts: 64 Member
    mom2ava07 wrote: »
    Well if you are losing, even if not as quickly as you would like, it seems you should either lower your calories or be happy with a slower loss. Despite your size, that sounds like quite a bit of daily calories to be losing more than a half pound every week or two.

Yes, this is what I was confused by, but I get it now. Thabks y'all!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    edited February 2015
    Thanks not Thabks lol
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    I weigh in the ballpark as you and to lose 2 lbs a week MFP recommends eating 1360 calories per day. Your target of 1760 or 1960 calories sounds high. I think you need to recheck your settings.

I am not comfortable earing that Low of calories per day. I just don't want to set myself up for failure. Thanks for the advice though :)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    My thing is I've been here almost 85 days. Majority days I go over by 100-250 calories per day. I'm way within my calorie deficit
    Thanks!

Huh??? You are over or are not?

If you can read...yes, but I'm still within my 500 cal deficit. Thanks! I'm not exceeding the 500 I'm still within it. :)

My reading is fine, thank you. This statement is very unclear.

Agreed, there are much better ways to have said it.

why don't you try it then?? School me please...my 2 degrees must mean nothing....refund me please university!!!!!! :) I asked for help not negativity but thanks for the unhelpful feedback anways!

I assume neither of those degrees were in English...LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    You might get better help if you gave us some stats
    Height
    Calorie target

Do you know for sure if you are in deficit? Are you losing weight? Do you weigh your food?

I would imagine, at best your progress would be slower. At worst you are eating at maintenance, or surplus.
    Are you gaining weight?

I'm not gaining, no. Just losing about .5 lbs every 2 weeks of that.

I'm 5'6
    236 lbs
    Female
    I am allowed 1760 per day but will up up to 1960

wait your losing about a .5 pound every two weeks??? that means that your maintenance number is about 150 calories lower than estimated….
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    My thing is I've been here almost 85 days. Majority days I go over by 100-250 calories per day. I'm way within my calorie deficit
    Thanks!

Huh??? You are over or are not?

If you can read...yes, but I'm still within my 500 cal deficit. Thanks! I'm not exceeding the 500 I'm still within it. :)

My reading is fine, thank you. This statement is very unclear.

Agreed, there are much better ways to have said it.

why don't you try it then?? School me please...my 2 degrees must mean nothing....refund me please university!!!!!! :) I asked for help not negativity but thanks for the unhelpful feedback anways!

I assume neither of those degrees were in English...LOL

You sound ridiculous, you would mean grammar...not English fatpity. Have a great day!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    Fatcity...sorry! Must be my english!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Height
    Calorie target

Do you know for sure if you are in deficit? Are you losing weight? Do you weigh your food?

I would imagine, at best your progress would be slower. At worst you are eating at maintenance, or surplus.
    Are you gaining weight?

I'm 5'6
    236 lbs
    Female

You're going to do what?

In whose world would losing 0.25lb a week at 1760 calories a day increase to a higher amount by eating more

It doesn't work that way! You can't eat more to lose more

Your tracking is off in some way, or your settings are
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Height
    Calorie target

Are you gaining weight?

I'm 5'6
    236 lbs
    Female

You're going to do what?

In whose world would losing 0.25lb a week at 1760 calories a day increase to a higher amount by eating more

It doesn't work that way! You can't eat more to lose more

Your tracking is off in some way, or your settings are

hehe, She's been a tough one to follow. I think what she meant to say was that MFP has her at eating 1760 to lose 1lb a week and she will usually eat somewhere around 1960 instead. She feels like since there is still a small deficit, she should be losing faster than .25 per week (if that.)

Many have already explained if she wants to lose faster, she needs a bigger deficit.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    JM1481 wrote: »
    Try sticking to the number you've been given instead of going over and see what that does for you. 1760 is a good daily amount, you should be able to get all you need in there as well as snacks. The other option would be to be more aggressive with your goal and go to 2lbs per week. This would not be too aggressive for your stats either.

I know you want to continue eating what you are eating, but it's not working for you. Time to adjust. Good luck!

The reason I do eat 100 to 200 more is because I walk an hour each day and I don't count it so I just eat 100 to 200 or more over my daily goal since I have no idea what I'm burning. I'm just not going to eat the extra calories each day, and thanks for the replies!!

No problem! Honestly if you are just walking, you are likely over estimating the calories burned by....a lot. MFP really overestimates as well as the exercise machines. That, combined with the fact that the MFP is just an estimate in the first place and your weight loss is really slow, I still suggest lowering it that 200 calories and you will see progress faster. Unless you decide you are okay with the really slow progress, that's fine too! It's all about what you want and what your person goals are!

Good luck!