15 Stone gone in 5 years.....Hell Yeah!!!

So it all started 4 and a half years ago......I overheard a man say "geez imagine having to go to bed with that every night"......that was the moment I decided I couldn't be the fat girl anymore. Then of course I kept going with my usual ways and the bad habits and 4 months later I had put even more weight on and boom.....my fiancé left me 6 weeks before our wedding because that comment 4 months earlier had embarrassed him more than he let on. So after a week of not eating from heartbreak I decided that this was the start of my new life, I HAD TO DO THIS! I'll be honest, in the first few months, possibly longer, I was doing it for the wrong reasons (trying to get revenge and look great) but after a while I really was doing for me. It started slowly of course, could barely do 20 mins on the treadmill and I am pretty sure that I was slower than a tortoise BUT I didn't give up. I even found it easy to get my diet under control, although it was very different to what it is now. After the first year I had lost 3 stone.....was so happy and the comments from family and friends really kept me going! Until.......Christmas came and I slipped.....HARD!!! Giving myself one day off suddenly turned into 3 months and a gain of 1.5stone. When I had to go back to using jeans that had been too big for me in a long time the switch flipped again and I've never looked back. I have slipped a few more times, and I'm honest enough to say I still do but whereas the first few times I was really hard on myself for it, now I know I am human and it happens but getting back on the wagon is what matters. Now 15 Stone later, there are issues.....for those of you lucky ones that hadn't much to lose or just defeated the laws of gravity.....thank your lucky stars! The downside to losing so much is the dreaded excess skin....everywhere!!! And I'm pretty sure my 90 year old grandmother looks better than me naked! This messes with your head, so much so that I keep pushing myself to lose more weight (even though I am probably at the right weight for my height and frame) but all I can see is skin, not the hard work I have spend years investing in. And the surgery.....costs a lot!!!! But one day I will have saved the money for it (let's hope it's not when I'm too old to enjoy it). But I don't want that to put anyone off if they are very big because being healthy is sooooo much more important and those of you, like me, who thought you could never lose weight.....IT CAN BE DONE! It takes time, it won't happen overnight, you will want to give up, cry, scream and probably attack anyone you see eating a burger because you REALLY WANT ONE, you need to remember why you are doing it! Use whatever motivation you can, and I really mean that, as weird as you think it is, use it if it works! (My brother, who never shows feelings, yes I know, men usually don't....told me you look good sis about 4 stones ago and I swear that kept me going for months!). So now.....15 Stone down (and hopefully a little more when my excess skin in removed) I actually want to thank that guy who said that comment about me, yes he was a total Ahole for saying what he did and I'm sure he hasn't changed but.....his comment helped me change and for that, I thank him. We are all in this together guys, just ask for help, try and try again and some day you never know......you could have the body of your dreams! Xxxxx

Replies

• skinnybkimmy
    skinnybkimmy Posts: 11 Member
    Wow! Incredible story!
  • LittlemissPear
    LittlemissPear Posts: 116 Member
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Amazing! Slow and steady wins the race.
  • LittlemissPear
    Amazing! Slow and steady wins the race.

It sure does!!!
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    What a great story, congrats on your hard work!
  • LittlemissPear
    Thank you :)
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Wow - well Done what a story!!!
  • LittlemissPear
    Thanks guys x
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    I am so glad for you that you had the strength to make such a huge change under such distressing circumstances.
    It is amazing how cruel people can be.. having been followed out of a store once and given the hard sell on some weight loss product in front of my husband I just wanted to crawl under a rock.. but it didn't change my behaviour then - if I could've dived into a chocolate fountain at the time I would have.

So I can really fathom just how strong and diligent you have been to cope not only with being embarrassed but losing your fiancé - takes a great deal of determination to overcome such heartbreak and succeed .. so hearty congratulations - not only do you look gorgeous but you have a beautiful and strong character - the sort of person that can be relied on when things get tough.. you have proven you wont ever give up. Well done:)
  • LittlemissPear
    Aww that's so sweet of you, thanks so much x
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2015
    @littlemisspear that is an astounding amount of weight that you lost. Well done and i hope you get your surgery soon
  • LittlemissPear
    Thanks Workout ninja, just goes to show there are still nasty people who don't see past the end of their nose.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    edited February 2015
    You have done an AMAZING job! What an accomplishment, you should be so very proud of yourself. You made the change, doesn't matter when you made it, just that you did it! Superb in my books.

If you ever need anymore friends on here, you look me up xxx
  • LittlemissPear
    Thank you loads Karen :)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Awesome work! Your words give me strength to keep on going! :D
  • LittlemissPear
    Jillish23 wrote: »

I'm really happy to hear it, you've got this :)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Jillish23 wrote: »

I'm really happy to hear it, you've got this :)

I'm more inclined to say you've got this and I'm doing my best to get there. ;)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Wow! You're awesome, not only beautiful but so honest and forthcoming! Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Your journey shows how strong and determined you are.
  • LittlemissPear
    Thanks ladies x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!