Want to Lose 10 Pounds in May?

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I have re-committed to this group......my goal is 209, I am 214....or 215...I WILL GET THERE!
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    Last Sunday I was 141.7, today I am 139.5! Dropped 2 pounds. I have upped my exercise and eaten 1200+ calories a day. This week I am abroad competing in a tennis competition, its going to be a challenge keeping my intake low as they give you food so I don't expect a loss this week. Maintaining would be awesome!
  • damianless
    damianless Posts: 4
    Options
    maybe i'm a tad bit late, but i'm in!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well it is time to start another week. commit yourselves to working hard this week so we can reach our goal.
    Check in and let us know how it is going for you, we need each others support.
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Today

In the last couple of weeks i have been fluctuating between 160 and 158 due to me over eating on the weekend and trying to bounce back during the week. I finally am where I was Friday because I actually watched what I was eating this weekend, with that said.....

Sw: 160

Tw: 158
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm now 213.8! I just have 4 lbs to go for my May goal and 8 lbs to go for my Ultra May goal! Cal Counting works!
  • mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get some motivation behind me. I will be so happy to be in the 160's again.
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Every night I come home tired from work, take a rest, have a light dinner, get tempted to fall asleep in front of the TV but finally get up to the fitness club for my 45 min workout and thanks to that usually finish about 400 to 500 cal under goal which is already very low at 1500. However I am asking myself if I am too aggressive ?
  • arkjrich
    arkjrich Posts: 1
    Options
    Just signed up today. If you ask friends to join can you see their weight in their profile. I have a friend who wants to do it with me but doesn't want to show her weight. Thanks, from a newbie
  • bmw_bloch
    Options
    Just signed up today. If you ask friends to join can you see their weight in their profile. I have a friend who wants to do it with me but doesn't want to show her weight. Thanks, from a newbie

No it does not show. You cose your own settings and sticker like in my signature. I chose one to show my weight and target weight, but most people choose one that just shows how many pounds they want to loose, some chose no sticker and show nothing.

However for me the pressure to keep up is much higher with sticker and most important with friends showing their effort.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was just reading the posts, and theres too many to quote, so I just wanna say great job everyone!!!!!!!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    Can I join? I have already lost 5pounds so losing 5more should be somewhat easy :-)
    I would love to be in the 170's by June :-)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    6 days till the half point in May.......!
  • bmw_bloch
    Options
    Can I join? I have already lost 5pounds so losing 5more should be somewhat easy :-)
    I would love to be in the 170's by June :-)

Hi everyone can join. I recommend you pick a few of us to add as your friends to receive automatic updates about our daily activities. Very motivating not to skip excercises or eat too much food ;-) works for me. At least add Dave as our coach.
  • EpicEmmyy
    EpicEmmyy Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new but I'll give it a go! :D
    I weigh around 230 at the moment.
    Here's to losing 10 pounds (or more!) in May! :D
    Good luck all!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Never to late to get motivated to lose weight. So just join in and work with us. We are all excited to receive post of encouragement from time to time.

We are only 6 days from half way so just adjust your goal. Make your goals something that will strech you but that is attainable.

Look forward to hearing from everyone soon.

Bro Dave
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I think I lost another .5 lbs overnight but I won't be logging it till the scale says 212. Very excited about this :)

FWIW, I have a very accurate bathroom scale - it's made by a German company Soehnle and it's awesome. I was plateaued in April due to a bad inaccurate scale, so this new accurate scale motivated me a lot. I manually reduced my daily cals to 1300 max from 1350. And now I'm losing about .5 a day.
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    Work hard today my friends try to get in a good calorie burn and resist any temptation to go over your calorie goal for today.

MFP's 5 week weight estimate, if I do what I did yesterday will be 228. I wonder how close to that I can come.
    I am thinking about starting a new challenge, "Hit your 5 week estimate" but not until we finish May's 10 pound challenge

Just curious what does you 5 week estimate say and does it motivate you or not?
    mine says I will be 165 in 5weeks :-)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I hit 212! My May goal was 209 but I am going to go for 205!!! 4 more days till we are halfway through May. I have 3 lbs to go before I hit the Two Oh's. :)))
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm in the 211's now :) I lost .5 lbs overnight :)