Options

Replies

• jjasmelon
    Options
    Height: 5ft4
    SW: 195 lb
    CW: 178.6 lb
    GW: 120 lb

I'm eating 1200 calories at the moment and exercise around 3-4 times a week at the gym. Still got a long way to go but so far sticking to it all.
  • muse09
    muse09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Muse09,

That's exactly what I am trying to stick to, losing a max of 2lbs a week. :) Trying to make life changes rather than a quick fix. It's one of the reasons I've started going out walking on my lunches as I get an hour.

One of my weaknesses is takeaways. They are far too easy to order and taste too good but I just think about the amount of money I'm saving by not getting them.

I also have a problem with prawn cocktail pringles. I can literally eat a whole tub in one go so avoid buying them alltogether now.

Does anybody else have any weaknesses?

Thanks,
    Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Glad to hear you've got such a healthy mentality! I've got a huge weakness for chocolate, so I'm limiting myself to only 85% dark chocolate, and only eat a few squares a day.

To avoid takeaways, I like to prepare food in bulk and portion it out for the next few days. Also, because I'm lazy, I buy vegetables that take very little prep / cook time - broccoli florets or vegetable medleys that come in steamable, microwaveable bags, and what not.

As for the Pringles, you're definitely on the right track! If you can't resist something, it's best to remove the source of temptation altogether so that it's not so easily within reach every time you're craving it.

You don't have to be perfect - just consistent! :D
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Height 5ft2
    SW: 163
    CW: 146-147
    GW: Under 138

My ultimate goal is to be 138 by June. I know it sounds like I should be 138 by April or May but my weight lose has plateaued for over a month now. I have faith that I will reach my goal by June.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'-2"
    Deadline - no deadline

Current weight - 142
    Goal weight - goal physique...lean bodybuilder
    Weight lost so far - 50 pounds-ish
    Left to lose - none
  • kellyclarkson1990
    kellyclarkson1990 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Muse09,

Yeah I've tried dieting before and have even tried to completely eliminate unhealthy food from my diet and it simply just doesn't work. I crave unhealthy food far too much so I try to either have smaller portions of it, save it until weekend as a treat or find a healhtier alternative and think about what I am eating the day before or after.

I actually plan out my food timetable a week in advance now. I know some people think I am crazy for doing it but it helps so much. It saves me so much money when it comes to doing the food shop and it also helps keep an eye on what I am eating. I still have the odd treat now and then and even sometimes have a takeaway but just trying to be more sensible now.

Thanks,
    Kelly
  • VRotberg
    VRotberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'-4"
    - Deadline - May 20
    - SW - 150 lbs
    - CW- 140.5 lbs
    - GW 130 lbs

MFP has mostly helped me eat better/less. I used to ravage meals like a monster until I learned how much more I could sustain myself on so much less. I also work out for at least an hr 6 out of 7 days in a week.

I eat an avg of 1700-1800 cal/day coupled w/ at least 600 cal of exercise so i hit about 1100-1300 cal/day net.

Good luck to all of you toward your goals.
  • JamieDSD
    JamieDSD Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'-0"
    SW- 139.2
    CW- 137.4
    Goal- Between 120-115
    Deadline- Working on it. :)
  • sway1080
    sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! :) I am 5'3.5"
    SW: 160
    CW: 138
    GW: 125-129
    I got to 130 in June but kind of got lazy (yup no excuse) so back to 138 at the moment but I'm back on track!!! :) I got to 130.0 exactly and people were telling me I was "too skinny" (I wasn't) but I was extremely happy at this weight even though it was 5lbs shy of my GW so I will at least be getting back to that :)
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    No deadline, no numbers...my goal is to cut to 5 pounds below where I want to be (still 5 pounds above where I start to look bad, which is still in the normal BMI range), then attempt a recomp/slow bulk. I have twin goals of vanity and racing speed; this seems like the best compromise.
  • kellyclarkson1990
    kellyclarkson1990 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi sway1080,

You have done really well so far - Congrats! :)

Kelly
  • outtamyweigh
    Options
    Height - 5'4"
    SW- 177
    CW- 131
    Goal- 115

I weighed 187lbs when I was pregnant. I know if I eat healthy and exercise I could maintain 115lbs. I eat like total crap and have been maintaining the 130s, I am "skinny fat" with lots of cellulite. I've been doing an average of 7-8 HIIT type workouts with some lifting each week. Set calories at 1200 and eat back some of the exercise calories.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    SW: depends on which start you look at (high of 160, then 153, now 144 -- I suck at maintenance, but my "start" weight is getting lower and lower each time :D )
    CW: 140.5
    GW: Meh, 128-130 or higher if I'm happy with what I see. 128 would put me close to 20% BF and that is a happy leanness/look for me. My lowest was 125, but I was super lean and couldn't maintain that long.

I eat around 1600 or so. Some times more, sometimes less....weekends are typically more. I'm on about the .5 - 1 lb loss right now, but I'm in no major rush. I work out 4-5 times a week doing 4-5 sessions heavy lifting (upper/lower split) and three nights of boxing (co-ed full contact class).

I'm more focused on body composition and fitness level than scale weight at the moment. I'll get back down to my preferred composition in the next few months or so.

• weightsnbakes
    weightsnbakes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    VRotberg, I too inhale my meals. One goal I have is to eat slower and at the dining room table, so that my attention is on the food rather than TV, computer etc.
    I have also tried many diets that are very restrictive, such as Atkins, Keto and Paleo. I did not do well on each and every one, because when I restrict things, I tend to binge on junk food.
    The current approach I am taking is moderation. I try keep my carbs under 100g per day but have not cut out anything. I simply eat less of the grains. I love bread so I don't buy it, I could literally go through half a loaf in one day, no kidding.
    As for my real weakness, chocolate and sweets, again I do this in moderation. I love to bake but instead of making a pudding or pie every day, I will bake a couple of times a month. This seems to be working for me because I don't feel restricted.
    Oh and congrats to you ladies who have lost significant weight already, well done!!!!
  • weightsnbakes
    weightsnbakes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh and feel free to add me as a friend, I need as much encouragement as I can get and will gladly reciprocate!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 170
    CW: 143.4
    GW: 130-140
    If I don't make it to my GW I am happy where I am. Not looking to be slender, I'm looking for a toned/fit look, so strength training and light cardio is what I aim for right now.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Height 5'2"
    CW: 225
    GW: Less than 140
    I don't have a goal date because I've done that before and been disappointed. I have a lot to lose but have set myself non-food rewards for every 10lbs lost or so.
    I don't want to be 'skinny', I'm not sure it's even possible for me to be skinny. But I'd like to be a healthy weight where I feel happy within myself.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    5'4.5"
    Cw: 215
    Gw:160

I average 1800cals a day. I run, and lift heavy (currently redoing sl 5x5). I just had a baby 5 months ago and slowly starting to see a difference.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3''.
    My starting weight was about 220 when I first joined MFP a few years ago (I didn't actually start utilizing it until January 2014 though).
    Current weight is 196.
    Short-term goal weight: I'd like to be down to at least 170 by my friend's wedding in August.
    Long-term goal weight: I really don't know. I'll probably start with 150, but that's still in the 'overweight' category for my height, so I'm thinking 130 ultimately and then I'll reevaluate.
  • youcrazything
    youcrazything Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'1.5"
    SW: 230
    CW: 132
    GW: 120

I picked my goal weight somewhat arbitrarily, so we will see how I feel when I get there. I may want to go down a little further if I still have tummy flab issues ( I would be okay with my current weight if it weren't for that!).
    I currently eat a little over 1600 calories a day. I use the TDEE method, so I don't track exercise, it is built into my daily calories. I am only aiming to lose about 0.5 lbs a week,as I am getting close to my goal.
    I don't have any strict deadlines, because I have done that in the past and all it does is make me feel stressed. I'm now in the "normal" range for my height, and healthier and more fit than I have been in a while, so I'm not a terrible rush to lose the last of it. I'll be happy as long as I hit goal by the end of the year, and I feel that is plenty of time for 12 lbs even though I'm losing very slowly now.
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3".
    SW 142
    CW 136
    GW 122 (might re-adjust when I get closer)

I don't have a specific goal weight as it's slow going and I'm just trying to stay focused on making it a lifestyle change.