5 foods to speed up your metabolism And lose weight

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Um, nope. Mistake #1, believing what you read. Broscience.

Mistake number two: stealing from other websites and copying and pasting without citing.
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    tapirfrog wrote: »
    "They keep you full for longer hours"? I thought an hour was the same length everywhere. Clearly you have much to teach me.
    :# lolol
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

tumblr_m8i0htr2Dv1ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    1316713879_castle_reaction.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8i0htr2Dv1ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif

Ugh. I'm doing it wrong.

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    bfield92 wrote: »
    Peppers: jalapeños, habañeros, and cayennes don't just add flavor—thanks to a chemical called capsaicin, these veggies amp up your calorie burn too. "Research shows that a spicy meal can increase your metabolism by up to 25 percent for three hours after you've eaten it

My BMR: ~1300
    "Metabolism" per hour: ~54 calories per hour
    25% of 54: 13.5
    Extra calories burned: 40
    Calories per serving of jalapenos: 26
    Net calorie burn: 14

THE FAT JUST WALKS AWAY!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Green Tea: Green tea contains epigallocatechin, which stimulates the nervous system—without elevating your heart rate. The Journal of Nutrition reports that people who drank green tea and exercised regularly burned more calories than those who sweated but didn't sip.

Peppers: jalapeños, habañeros, and cayennes don't just add flavor—thanks to a chemical called capsaicin, these veggies amp up your calorie burn too. "Research shows that a spicy meal can increase your metabolism by up to 25 percent for three hours after you've eaten it

Cinnamon:Cinnamon is a great natural metabolism

Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, high on fiber content and they keep you full for longer hours.

Cranberry juice: Besides being high in anti-oxidants, cranberry juice is also an excellent diuretic which removes all the excess fluids from your body. This cuts down on weight gain due to fluid retention.

Sources?

The reason I have enjoyed this forum over the last couple weeks is that posts like this get some very well-earned shade thrown at them. Posts like this are the reason I've hated internet forums for so long. People actually believe this stuff. When I dispute them, I get flamed. So I leave.

Let me tell you something about spicy foods "increasing metabolism" (a phrase that makes no sense). I have been cooking extremely spicy Indian foods for years, and I have about 50 pounds of girth to show for it.

And cinnamon? Is there any recipe in the world that calls for more than a teaspoon of cinnamon? I mean except for the Cinnabon recipe I made a few months ago? I swear, I ate three of those beauties and didn't lose an ounce!

"Research shows...." -- that always raises a sea of red flags for me. Cite references, and they'd better be from Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins. Gawd, nutritional pseudoscience makes my teeth itch.

I do have blueberries several times a week though, because I love them.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

THE FAT JUST WALKS AWAY!

It's cute though

tumblr_miiy2d8P1C1rzqimpo1_500.gif

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Maybe the extra 25%-50% is due to the extra time spent in the bathroom?

(@agirlcandream25 - kudos to the dr.who reference)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've eaten these foods without exercising and I did see results within two weeks. Whether you believe what I have to say or not it works, at least for me did
    No it didn't.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    AwsBrah wrote: »
    iti works for me, its personal, i am differnet, i am alien, it works,f u gusy, its good, lose weight all day errday

What? I wish I knew what you just said so I can disagree with it.
    I'm fairly certain he's mocking the op
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    iti works for me, its personal, i am differnet, i am alien, it works,f u gusy, its good, lose weight all day errday

He is, but this styling... Kanye?
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options

THE FAT JUST WALKS AWAY!

It's cute though

tumblr_miiy2d8P1C1rzqimpo1_500.gif

I love you. I also love these little guys. I hope they bring them back on the show.

• EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Isn't this place for support?
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    U guys r welcome to your opinions but don't knock it enless u tried it. And since I started my journey b4 mfp I've lost 20 lbs by eating the foods above n eating healthy n staying at 1200 calorie intake. U r right I should of put sources but I was in a rush.
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Btw it's suppose to say cinnamon is a great natural spice for speeding up your metabolism. I'm made a few errors when typing
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    U guys r welcome to your opinions but don't knock it enless u tried it. And since I started my journey b4 mfp I've lost 20 lbs by eating the foods above n eating healthy n staying at 1200 calorie intake. U r right I should of put sources but I was in a rush.

I've lost 125 lbs eating what I want and more than 1200 calories per day. Cinnamon is great in cookies, ice cream, but I use it for flavor not because of some miracle metabolism boost.

Could it be that you lost the 20 lbs cause you were eating 1200 calories??? Nah that couldn't be it
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

No worries, happens to us all.

... Now where are these sources? :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

thinks special foods help.
    eats in with a calorie deficit.
    loses weight.
    blames loss on special foods.

:scream:

confirmation bias!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Isn't this place for support?

Good lord. Whatever gave you that idea?

All your posts?