Replies

• jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    GW: 120 lbs
    CW: 132 lbs
    Deadline: Summer :)
    Joined a bootcamp at my local gym 3 days/week, cardio at home for 2-3 days/week.

Good luck everyone and feel free to add me :D
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    height : 5'2-'3 ish somewhere in there.
    starting weight - 180
    current weight - 155
    goal weight - 125-135 (wherever I am comfortable and happy)
    deadline: wedding august 22.
    left to lose: I'm going to say 25 pounds

I do cardio and strength 4 days a week. I do some insanity videos here and there in the morning when I know I can't make it to the gym at night. I try to eat within 1400-1600 calories but I by no means "strictly eat". I could clean up my diet quite a bit. Weekends and evenings kill me. My evenings are getting better but my weekends need work.
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3 (and a half)
    SW: 170
    GW: 120ish

Deadline: I'm trying everything I can but weight-loss is proving to be paaiinnffulllyy slow, and I know that if I set goals like "5lbs/month" and it doesn't happen that I'll discouraged and throw in the towel. I'm just pushing on through, and letting it just happen however quickly or slowly it happens.

Wishing luck to everyone, and people are welcome to add me if they'd like! :blush:
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    SW: 140
    CW: 112
    GW: 105

I thought I'd be happy with my body at the weight I am now (8stone) but now I'm here I'm not satisfied. I used to be way more 'toned' at this weight than I am now. Saying that I'm not so focused on the number on the scale but more how I look and feel. Still aiming for 105 though, eating at a deficit and focusing on more resistance training.
    Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Height: 5'2"
    CW: 116.8
    GW: 105

I gained a little over 10 lbs within the past six months, so I'm currently just trying to lose those 10 lbs! 105 may sound low, but for my tiny frame, it was perfect for me. I definitely am carrying extra pounds I don't need right now.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Minniebee
    I think our goals are quite similar :) Have you set yourself a calorie intake? I am trying to go with 1200 weekdays and a little more at the weekend. I weigh myself on Saturday mornings as it gives me most the week to lose the weight.

I'm eating around 1600 calories a day. I started on MFP back in 2011 and lost about 20lbs by eating 1200 calories a day, but found myself getting too obsessive over my food. So, I'm doing this loss at 1lb/week instead of 2lbs/week. I know it'll go slower, but I like knowing I can have a treat here or there and keep it within my calories for the day. :)

ETA: I also exercise 4-5x per week and don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Deadline: Eh, I started being active on MFP around St. Patrick's Day last year, so that time this year would be nice to make my initial goal, but I no longer really have a firm goal or time projection
    CW: 125
    GW: 120
    Weight lost so far: about 95 lbs, 75 since I started doing MFP
    Left: 5 lbs or so (but at this point I like how I look well enough so am mainly interested in improving overall fitness and continuing to make progress)

Over the past few months I've been eating about 1600 calories and doing a mix of cardio and weights (and losing well at that when I actually stuck to it), but I decided I want to ease into maintenance and maybe take a full-on diet break, so I've raised calories to 1750 and am going to see what happens. I'm hoping this will be about .5/week loss rate if I stay here.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    5'2
    HW: 122
    CW: 118
    GW: 115-118

I'm getting married in September and want to be fit more than anything else. Sometimes I worry that people will see my stats and think, 122 please... but in HS I was a runner & pole vaulter, it was the best shape I've ever been in. I weighed around 105 and could eat whatever I wanted. I've been watching my weight creep and it's been an adjustment physically and mentally, just like for everyone else, to know that I actually have to work now to keep it in check.

That said, I eat around 1400 cals/day and I'm following a full body lifting routine that I do 3 days a week. I usually do cardio on Saturday mornings to earn some extra 'social calories'.
  • ehuschka
    ehuschka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    jstout365 wrote: »
    5'2"
    SW: depends on which start you look at (high of 160, then 153, now 144 -- I suck at maintenance, but my "start" weight is getting lower and lower each time :D )
    CW: 140.5
    GW: Meh, 128-130 or higher if I'm happy with what I see. 128 would put me close to 20% BF and that is a happy leanness/look for me. My lowest was 125, but I was super lean and couldn't maintain that long.

I eat around 1600 or so. Some times more, sometimes less....weekends are typically more. I'm on about the .5 - 1 lb loss right now, but I'm in no major rush. I work out 4-5 times a week doing 4-5 sessions heavy lifting (upper/lower split) and three nights of boxing (co-ed full contact class).

I'm more focused on body composition and fitness level than scale weight at the moment. I'll get back down to my preferred composition in the next few months or so.

Basically Twins!
    SW: 175 (to 160 to 153)
    CW: 144
    GW: 128

Eating around 1580 calories right now (just switched to TDEE method), training for a half marathon, lifting, and play racquetball on a regular basis.
    Been at 142-144 for about a year now. Tried to do the 1200 calorie diet and couldn't stop myself from going over so hung about in maintenance for a year. This time I'm trying to eat more calories and in the couple of weeks I've been using TDEE I've lost a pound.
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ahoy fellow short-stacks!

SW: 169
    CW: 167
    GW: 135
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Height: 5'3

Sw: 263 pounds
    Cw: 130 pounds
    Gw: 125 pounds

Total lost at this point: 133 pounds

I'd like to lose the last few pounds ASAP because my husband and I are going to start trying for a baby and I'd like to be as thin as possible when I get pregnant.

I have PCOS so losing weight is really difficult for me. I eat about 700 calories a day (my doctor is monitoring this) and I workout most days of the week. I love doing tabata training!
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Height 5'2"

SW: 140lbs
    CW: 135 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs

Goal date: 12th July 2015!!

Looking for further encouragement if anyone wishes to add me as a friend :)
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3" (on a good day o:) )
    SW: 204
    CW: 137
    GW:depends on the day....140 was my original goal that I thought was a pipe dream but then you make it and you realize how much you'd have to give up to get to 130 and you start to balance "Do I want to be 130 so I can say the number" with "I'd rather be 135-137 if it means I can have pizza sometimes and still have a few drinks". Most days I'm perfectly happy at my age with 135 but 130 sometimes sounds good to the ear.
  • MellySpecks
    MellySpecks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 150
    CW: 138
    GW: 125

I'm eating about 1300 calories per day, while doing lots of walking, with some running mixed in. I'm planning to start the 30 Day Shred sometime this month!

I have a bet with my mom, so I have to be down to 133 by March 31, which it looks like I'll reach before then. So my current goal is 125 by summer, which is a weight I was comfortable with in high school. From there I'll assess about future weight loss, and maybe focus more on toning at that point.
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SW: 128
    CW: 124
    GW: 118

I eat 1200 per day, and I don't eat back exercise calories. It's slow going for shorties. I expect that it will take three months to lose the next six pounds.
  • rinaid
    rinaid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3
    SW: 151
    CW: 149
    GW: 135

I am just getting back into this in the last week, after outgrowing my ski pants.
    I was at 135 about 3 years ago, and in 2014 really gained weight.

I am eating the 1200 plus all my exercise calories. It's been about 7-8 days now and I am starting to get generally hungry.
  • drklib
    drklib Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 134
    CW: 128.8-130 (depends on water weight and digestion)
    GW: 115 (will see how I feel at 120)
    GD: Preferably end of March.

I eat between 1100 and 1600, based on the day (usually between 1100 and 1300 during the week and between 1400 and 1600 on the weekends). I go for 2-2.5 mile walks on the nice days and I do 30 minute Crossfit on the not so nice days. I also do a Booty Barre class for an hour once a week. Saturdays usually consist of me doing search and rescue work with my 10 month old GSD/Husky mix, hence the higher calorie intake on Saturdays. Running through the woods is no easy feat ;)
  • Tizleness
    Tizleness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was interested in this topic and read the OP carefully. It didn't specify a certain sex.
    I'm a MALE.

Height: 5' 3"
    SW: 170 lb
    CW: 158.6 lb
    GW: 150-155 lb

I started lifting weights January of last year. I started around 140, then 150, then 160, 170.. I thought I was making so many GAINS! I believe most of them were noob gains, but I saw some pictures and noticed I put on quite a few pounds of fat too!
    I put my goal weight at 150-155 because my job says for a male that's my age and height I am allowed to weigh 149. I pass the body fat tape test regardless. There's this guy in my unit that is about an inch or 2 shorter than me but is all muscle (doesn't have to get taped). Even though I know I can pass it makes me anxious!
  • flightybird
    flightybird Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2" (and a half!)
    SW: 279
    CW: 248
    GW: 120
    GD: I haven't really set a "goal date." I'd like to be in "ONEderland" again by the first of next year at the very latest. I've got a long way to go, so smaller, short-term goals are my best friends, right now.

MFP gives me 1300 calories/day, which I usually try to stay around. I also wear a Fitbit Flex 24/7, which adds some activity calories to my budget each day. Sometimes I eat them back, and sometimes I don't. Just depends on how I'm feeling!
    I've always been on the pudgy side, but after an assault in my early teens I gained 100+ pounds, due to binge eating disorder. Finally decided to get my life back on track and stop letting the past control me.

Right now, I'm focusing on eating better and moving more. My cardio at the moment consists of painting the house. Super fun, right? ;)

• chelshull22
    chelshull22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a great feed, it was so nice to hear other peoples progress/ goals in my height category!

Height 5'4"
    SW: 206
    CW: 132
    GW: 131 (to get to 75 lbs lost)
    Ultimate GW: 125

I eat around 1250-1350 cal per day and do high-intensity workouts every day putting me around 400-700 cal burned depending on the day. I try to eat a lot of protein and keep my carbs low, but on power training days I allow myself to have a little extra carbs. Ive been stuck at a plateau for a few weeks but believe its muscle gain. Good luck to everyone, everyone is doing a great job!