How much will I lose before my birthday?

Options
My birthday is the 7th March and I was just wondering how much I could roughly lose by then. Now, I realise nobody has the exact figure for me but does anyone know roughly? I'm 5"3 and weigh 145lbs, I'll be eating 1300 cals a day and burning roughly 370 cals daily. I realise the MFP calculator can work this out for me, however in the past it hasn't been accurate. Would it be possible to be 140lbs by the time my birthday arrives, or is this unachievable?

Replies

• Jemsnation
    Jemsnation Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is not impossible but it is tough. The mfp calculator is a good indicator of how much you COULD lose but as with anything it's an estimate. A lb a week is a good target but if you have one off week it could set you off your goal. No harm giving it a go.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    26 pounds
  • 00mid
    00mid Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    26 pounds

I assume you're being sarcastic?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No one could possibly answer this question. You have roughly a month, so with that little to lose, half a pound a week is a good bet.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise... you can achieve it
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    26 pounds

magic8ball.gif
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sure it is possible to lose 5 lbs by March 7. I'm not sure if you will get there exactly but it is possible.
  • 00mid
    Options
    Also, it's confusing me how many calories I should be eating as MFP says 1250 daily calories to lose 1.5 lb, whereas other calorie calculators say I should be eating 1600 calories!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Also, it's confusing me how many calories I should be eating as MFP says 1250 daily calories to lose 1.5 lb, whereas other calorie calculators say I should be eating 1600 calories!

With MFP, you should be eating your exercise calories back.
  • 00mid
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

So if I burn 400 calories a day then I can eat 1600 calories?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ^^ Yes.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I don't know the number, but I do know you shouldn't focus on it.

Just eat within your goal, add activity, and you should see a positive change. :) Best of luck
  • 00mid
    Options
    ^^ Yes.

Some people say not to eat back exercise calories though? Is it just personal choice?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Yes, you not only can, you should. Of course, this is assuming that your calorie counts going in and exercise calories are measured accurately.
  • 00mid
    Options

Yes, you not only can, you should. Of course, this is assuming that your calorie counts going in and exercise calories are measured accurately.

Thank you :smile:
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i lost 6lbs 3 weeks before my bday. used the 16:8 plan with calorie deficit of around 1326. I did very little to no cardio, solid weight training (following Jamie Eason LiveFit). i didn't eat any calories that i might have burned. i have to admit that some days I was under daily calorie intake but i evened out weekly.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What happens on your birthday that you need to be 140 lbs for? Are you going to get on a scale in front of your friends and family and show them how much you weigh, and if you haven't achieved that number, they won't celebrate with you?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    26 pounds

magic8ball.gif

okay this is just funny!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    26 pounds

Sjohnny never kids about birthdays.
  • crocky64
    crocky64 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know it's a little late but yes it is more achievable than you know. Close monitoring of your calorie intake very close, for this short space of time don't eat back your exercise as 300 cal is o good deficit against your 1200 intake. Just remember that we are all different and what works for me/them may not work for you.