'new rules for lifting'

So I'm starting new rules of lifting. Book today

Has anybody else done this?, how did you find?
Are the exercises ok?, how did you find the jumpin calories?
Spent so much time on Mfp been told to.eat just over 1000 calories to be told to eat over 2000 is rather crazy.

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    My wife bought the book. For the most part, it looks decent but I am not a fan of cleans for a newbie without instruction.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    I did not do the jump in calories but I did do more protein. I have some weight to lose though so I am more worried right this second about that. Doing the workouts - I have a lot more muscle definition where I did not before. Some of the workouts are just hard to do at my gym because my gym is often sooooo busy.

I found the book to be somewhat condescending in tone too. I would LOVE to read a weight lifting book for women written by women...
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    I started last month, but got quite ill. Am better now and am starting again tonite from the beginning. I don't plan to follow what the book says about calories, going to continue with MFP. I like the workouts. They are easy to follow and don't take a lot of time.
  • MichaelaFry29
    MichaelaFry29 Posts: 20 Member
    Yeah I Can.understand that worry it can cause few problems if form isn't right!

Well I tried the jump in calories yesterday as to me it does make sense... But although I ate more than I normally do i still only.managed 1100 calories so way below my target.
    The exercises I did yesterday were fine... I have tender right side abs currently.

I don't mind the fact it was written by a man for women as the information would still be the same... My inspirations have been Emily sky, Michelle Lewin Nicole Wilkins and alike so he's information isn't any different to their advise I've read.

How was it last night rockstar?
    I found the ball move hard couldn't control the ball but still got a ab workout as they are now little tender.
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    I just got the book and did one work out. The jack knife thing was a bit awkward (plus my shirt was gaping so i was worrying about that). But I can definatly tell I worked out my muscles as i've been sore. I did that work out Saturday morning, tonight I'm going for #2. I'm trying to hit the gym at slow times add I'm a bit intimidated by the few weights room. Feel free to friend me! :) good luck!

Oh the upping of calories is scary. I was eating 1300 + some excersise cals and have upped to 1600 for now.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    There is a NROL4W group on here. Look it up.

I have read the book and will be starting the program as soon as I finish getting my home gym set-up. I just have to assemble my cage. Hopefully I will get that done this weekend. I am very excited to start! I will probably only be lifting 2x/week instead of 3. I run a lot and am training for a half marathon in April. After the half, I will switch to lifting 3x/week. I also have a 3 month old baby and I just returned to work full time. I have been struggling to find time to get all my workouts in. Days get a lot shorter when you have kids!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    My wife bought the book. For the most part, it looks decent but I am not a fan of cleans for a newbie without instruction.

Wow. I have to agree with you on this one. Proper cleans takes time to get used too.

• MichaelaFry29
    I just got the book and did one work out. The jack knife thing was a bit awkward (plus my shirt was gaping so i was worrying about that). But I can definatly tell I worked out my muscles as i've been sore. I did that work out Saturday morning, tonight I'm going for #2. I'm trying to hit the gym at slow times add I'm a bit intimidated by the few weights room. Feel free to friend me! :) good luck!

Oh the upping of calories is scary. I was eating 1300 + some excersise cals and have upped to 1600 for now.

Lol yeah jack the knife I found harding to... Couldn't keep the ball managed 3 kept trying over and over, in fact I had to put town over my face 'cause I was crying.

I'm trying to up my calories altho' i'm eating more than.I have been.apparently it's less than.I.should be, but I really can not manage more ie I felt sick today 'cause I feel I've over ate. :(
  • MichaelaFry29
    sjp_511 wrote: »
    There is a NROL4W group on here. Look it up.

I have read the book and will be starting the program as soon as I finish getting my home gym set-up. I just have to assemble my cage. Hopefully I will get that done this weekend. I am very excited to start! I will probably only be lifting 2x/week instead of 3. I run a lot and am training for a half marathon in April. After the half, I will switch to lifting 3x/week. I also have a 3 month old baby and I just returned to work full time. I have been struggling to find time to get all my workouts in. Days get a lot shorter when you have kids![/quote

Ooo home gym, that would be nice wouldn't have to get nervous and uncomfortable in a shared gym as I do now!

I'm trying to teach myself to run! Lol c25k so small but I.seriously don't think my body is built for endurance!

Oh I know what it's like to have kids I have 3.
    I only get to train at 5am (insanity) 1pm youngest at pre school and 6pm once husband is back from work. So feels like I'm always working out! :(