A ~60lbs comparison

Options
fhttrs
fhttrs Posts: 201 Member
So I just started using MFP, but before I started here I did manage to have some success on my own. I've lost almost 60 pounds since last August. Well tonight I was feeling all nostalgic and looking through some old photos and came across one of me at my highest weight (and there aren't many of those because I tended to hate cameras back then). So I figured I'd do a bit of comparison.

Before: ~280lbs
01-1.jpg
After:~220lbs

Replies

• sushilicious
    Options
    Wow, you're doing great! G'luck!
  • ramberbo
    ramberbo Posts: 23
    Options
    wow! great job, I want to loss 45-50 lbs. I hope that i am able to make that goal. Any advise?
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    awesome job so far. you must feel amazing!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And I love the dark hair on you.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow you look so much younger now
  • fhttrs
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments guys! I do really feel great. It's like I'm a whole other person now. I used to have zero self-esteem and was pretty much depressed all the time. I'm still struggling with depression, but as I said when I posted that bottom picture on my DailyBooth... I feel like I'm starting to have things to smile about again.
    You look awesome! And I love the dark hair on you

Thanks! Ya know, I've been a blonde / brunette all my life and always wanted to dye my hair black. But everyone told me it'd look horrible and that I was stupid for considering it. But I really am glad that I decided to ignore their advice because I LOVE my dark hair!
    wow! great job, I want to loss 45-50 lbs. I hope that i am able to make that goal. Any advise?

I dunno. I'm still not 100% sure how I did it lol.
    Basically I've just been watching what I eat and taking every chance I get to just get out and be active.

For me the biggest thing was eating. I ate when I was hungry, upset, angry, bored, etc. so I was pretty much snacking ALL THE TIME. So I stopped. I also pretty much cut out soda and limited my intake of caffeine. I don't eat a lot of "snack" foods, though I do have chips or popcorn (air popped) every now and again [not to mention Cheez-Its which I cannot live without]

My weight loss has now slowed, so I know I've got to pick it up on the exercise.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    WOW...what a transformation. you look great! you should be very proud of yourself. i am in agreement about the exercise. it doesn't matter how healthy i eat, no exercise...no weight loss. you are an inspiration. keep up the great work PA gal :wink:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great now! Keep going!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!
    :D
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    Awesome job; you look great! The hard work is really paying off!
  • headwaiter66
    headwaiter66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job on the hard work!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Look at that confidence beaming from you now! I love the smile!
    I know you can do this, Whit! I am so glad you are here! :flowerforyou:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look great...keep up the good work!
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! and you are about halfway to your goal!!!! congrats :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! and you are about halfway to your goal!!!! congrats :)
  • fhttrs
    Options
    Thank you guys ♥
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!