What to eat with a sandwich!?

Options
Hi! I am looking for side dish ideas to eat with sandwiches that are not chips! All I can think of is veggies with hummus or ranch, side salad, or fruit. Anyone have a go to side for lunches? I like to have something with my sandwich or I don't feel satisfied.

Replies

• meteosatt
    Options
    I try soups. Make me feel more satisfied, and warm!
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Soup is good. Baked chips. pretzels?
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I made fresh pickles the other day- makes a nice, sweetish add to my lunch boxes.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yogurt, cottage cheese, soup, almonds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Quest chips? Typically I have soup or raw carrots.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, salad, nuts, etc..
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumber or carrots.
    A nice salad
    Cottage cheese
    I love having tomato soup along with sandwiches
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Soup, hummus with pita chips (still technically chips and when you add the hummus, not so low calorie), or honestly, just a bigger sandwich. I started putting extra meat on my sandwich, sneaking one or two of my husband's chips, and finding that is sufficient for me.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I tend not to have a side with my sandwich, except for occasionally soup, if the soup in under 150 calories. I try to up the protein content of the sandwich by adding extra meat, which makes it more filling. Or you can use a heartier bread, such as Arnold's or Pepperidge Farms, which will also help you fill up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I like to just load up the sandwich...don't need a side...that's the beauty of a sandwich. Certain sandwiches like grilled cheese are begging for a cup of tomato soup to go along with it.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually baby carrots, string cheese, and almonds. Though I might add a kiwi or some strawberries to the side. Today it was Greek yogurt instead of my usual sides.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I got to have something crunchy. My choice pretzels, carrots or pita chips with Hummus. Of, course portion size. :p
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Eat a bigger sammich and forget the side.

otherwise I do sliced veggies.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Another vote for baby carrots and peppers here. Or I like to do a salad with kidney and ga rbanzo beans with oil and vinegar. But I find that if I load a ton of vegetables in a Flat Out or tortilla, I don't need a side.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like mixing Hidden Valley Ranch Mix into 2% Fage plain yogurt. Dip away with fresh peppers, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
    I also really like pickled eggs with red beets.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just ate lunch. It was a pb2&jelly sandwich and a half cup of trail mix. :)
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    0up74goijuc6.jpeg

Bought those a couple weeks ago, they weren't as yummy as I had hoped. Just tasted like BBQ. Their Salt and Vinegar however, my family is obsessed with.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If I was going to have a side, I'd probably have a cuppa-soup or vegie sticks with a bit of dip.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Make your sandwich more robust so you don't need a side...or Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, etc?