u may have heard this b4...

Options
hi every1, sorry if this has been asked before but....
I am currently at my goal weight. My maintenance cals are 1530 but I have been having 1330 that gives me a deficit of 200 cals per day. Say i wanted a meal out at the weekend could i save this 200 defecit s day for the meal? I know this isnt gud long term but is it okay as a one off? Does any1 elese do this and what has happened regarding your weight? thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Everyone "works" the program in a different way....I think this is perfectly ok...it all averages out!
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    Though I've never been at goal since I was 16 (lol) I just wanted to say the answer is YES. You can absolutely have a fun weekend once in a while where you go over calorie goal, especially since you've been under on cals all week. As you said - it's not something you can do every weekend, but once a month or so isn't going to make you gain. And btw - CONGRATS on being at goal! You look GREAT! :)
  • NNsMomma
    NNsMomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat out on the weekend and eat a "reasonable" meal that usually puts me over my calorie goal for the day; however, I truly believe that eating "over" once a week keeps your metabolism running faster. You can't get your body used to the same calories everyday. Fire up the metabolism by eating your weekend meal - just don't binge or be crazy - eat reasonably over.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    ok thanks eveyone :) xx
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I am currently at my goal weight. My maintenance cals are 1530 but I have been having 1330 that gives me a deficit of 200 cals per day. Say i wanted a meal out at the weekend could i save this 200 defecit s day for the meal? I know this isnt gud long term but is it okay as a one off? Does any1 elese do this and what has happened regarding your weight? thanks :flowerforyou:

Yes, that is absolutely fine. In fact it is a very good long term strategy for keeping weight off if you know you can be strict during the week but tend to splurge a little over the weekend.

Really, most people are better off looking at their deficits over a week or even month rather than daily. There is really no need to obsess or worry about daily targets as long as your numbers level out over time.
  • daveymck
    daveymck Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Really, most people are better off looking at their deficits over a week or even month rather than daily. There is really no need to obsess or worry about daily targets as long as your numbers level out over time.

+1
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

Yes, that is absolutely fine. In fact it is a very good long term strategy for keeping weight off if you know you can be strict during the week but tend to splurge a little over the weekend.

i agree, and a meal out is actually good for you as it helps you to enjoy what you have achieved. i dont actively create a deficit but have found that my meals tend to zigzag my calories which help me to stay in shape.

i think if you restricted yourself too much you wont be able to enjoy being at goal. You have earned it now enjoy it