Brides on a Mission: MAY

Options
Hello Brides!!!

I am making some more changes to our board. I will be posting a monthly board instead of posting a new one each week. If the board reaches 500 posts I will post another thread as part 2 (I will post the link on this thread). I will start the new thread at the first of every month. Since May isn't too far in....I will still be calling this thread Brides on a Mission: May.

Please still continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins.

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission:MAY (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Any wedding news updates:
5. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I hope everyone still continues to use the board! I am just going crazy with my busy schedule of graduating from nursing school in June and I can't keep up with the weekly posts.

-Natalie
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission:MAY
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1lb - I'll take it!

2. Highlight of the past week: A close friend of mine got engaged on Friday. She is getting married June 2012!

3. Lowlight of the past week: Took a long walk with my FH on Sunday (not a low light) but I got a little sunburned in the tank top I was wearing so now I am starting the summer off with tan lines--something I an trying to avoid for wearing my dress in September. Good thing I have time to even out my tan!

4. Any wedding news updates: The invitations arrived!

5. Weekly wrap up: Good week overall. I went to a tastefully simple party on Saturday, so I know I went over my calories on Saturday.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -1.8lbs Yay for being off antibiotics!
    2. Highlight of the past week: Got to see my uncle whom I haven't seen in over a month
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Work stinks :s
    4. Any wedding news updates: The tasting has been scheduled! I'm getting so ridiculously excited about trying the food :)
    5. Weekly wrap up: Everything wedding-related is moving in the right direction, now if only my career would follow suit...
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: No loss, but no gain either :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Car racing with my dad and mothers day with my mom.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Everything went quite well actually.

4. Any wedding news updates: Had our tasting on Wednesday. Yum!

5. Weekly wrap up: Overall a pretty good week.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0.2lbs loss.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Just glad to be getting a lot of studying done. I also went to Greek Town in down town Chicago on Sunday for lunch and it was sooo yummy.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): My weight loss is stuck at 161lbs. I can't get under it for the life of me right now. I dont have enough time to work out every day because of school. My mini goal weight is 155lbs by June 25th. That is only 6lbs and seems so duable but I am not sure if I can being stuck here and the clock is ticking! I guess I am just glad I am not gaining. I think the stress of school is getting to me. Whenever i am stressed, I never can lose weight.

4. Any wedding news updates: Well, not sure if it counts as wedding news but the fiance and I will be moving in together! My mom is moving in with her boyfirend of 4 years and my fiance and I will be moving into the townhouse she owns and renting it for chepper then expected :) We have been doing some remodeling around here and getting things packed up. We are planning on moving a little bit at a time and then one day moving all the furniture and stuff around. My mom is going to be leaving a lot of things here for us because her boyfriends house is huge and he has a lot of nice things because he just remodled a lot of his house. I am lucky! I am hoping everyone will be moved into where they should be bu Aug (maybe sooner!).

5. Weekly wrap up: My exit exam for nursing school is on Saturday! I am getting so nervous and anxious. I just want it to be done and over. It know if I pass right away or not because its a computer exam. I have multiple chances to take it but I would just feel such relief if i pass it the first time. Pray for me! ;)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

3. Lowlight of the past week: Took a long walk with my FH on Sunday (not a low light) but I got a little sunburned in the tank top I was wearing so now I am starting the summer off with tan lines--something I an trying to avoid for wearing my dress in September. Good thing I have time to even out my tan!

I was thinking the same thing! When we decided on a Sept. wedding I was like...nice I can get my tan on all summer long and not worry about tan lines early on in the summer! haha Now you have an excuse to go lay out, relax, and get your glow on!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hey!! So I've been pretty MIA on the boards the last few months but I wanted to share with the group my Before and After post! Hopefully this helps inspire some of you to keep going! We can all do this and I am so excited that I have reached my goal with still over a month to go until my wedding!! I hope everyone is doing just as well!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237286-before-and-afters-163-lbs-down-to-134-lbs
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Hey!! So I've been pretty MIA on the boards the last few months but I wanted to share with the group my Before and After post! Hopefully this helps inspire some of you to keep going! We can all do this and I am so excited that I have reached my goal with still over a month to go until my wedding!! I hope everyone is doing just as well!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237286-before-and-afters-163-lbs-down-to-134-lbs

Kristen that is fantastic!!! Very inspiring! Great Work!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Don't worry everyone, I haven't died! I've just fallen off the proverbial fitness/healthy eating wagon and I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things before the wedding next month. Here's a back post:

Brides on a Mission: week 16 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I'm afraid to check.... I probably gained! I at least want to wait until I get a week's worth of decent workouts in.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Sang at a Mother's Day Tea at church and did well, even if the microphone was shaking while I did it!*LOL*
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Having trouble getting papers graded for school, but I'm vowing to get it done before the weekend.
    4. What color bridesmaid dresses are you having: My MOH and Bridesmaid will have Mocha chiffon dresses with belts. The Best Woman will have a black satin dress.
    5. Any wedding news updates: This weekend is my first bridal shower at my fiance's parents house! I admit, I'm excited and a bit nervous!*LOL*
    6. Are you a squats or lunges type of person: Squats. I hate lunges with a passion... I always feel like I do them wrong too!
    7. What area of your body are you most proud of/is your best feature: My hips and butt are really cute!
    8. How did you do with the week 15 challenge (Say yes to exercise): Horrible!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Glad to be getting back in the swing of things with healthy eating and exercise.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 16 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Not having one. I'm shy about stuff like that and it would just embarass me. My MOH and I are thinking of going to the spa that week for a massage instead.
    6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: Crackers with hummus, hard candy (takes a while to eat, so I can moderate myself).
    7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: I ate whatever I wanted, but I had a difficult time going back to diet and exercise afterwards.
    8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): I usually fall short on this one. I never have drank much and I gag when I try.:-P
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .6 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I was able to spend a lot of time with my mom who I don't get to see much
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I am struggling with getting back on the horse. I have been ok....haven't gained, but I have become very lenient with diet and am trying very hard to get my nose back to the grindstone
    4. Any wedding news updates: I picked out my bridesmaid dresses on Saturday and my mom found her dress! She was stressin but found one that looks gorgeous! Very excited for her.
    5. Weekly wrap up: Just trying to get things back to the way they need to be. My fiance has been working 5 p.m.-1:30 a.m. which is totally opposite of me so I never see him...which sucks! But he got a new job so after tonight...I get him back full time and could not be happier. He is a great workout buddy and of course I just miss him tons. My mom lost her job after almost 20 years at her company. Just corporate cuts so now I am praying and worrying for her. Hopefully...something will come her way.
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am so excited for you. You are definitely an inspiration!

• vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Hi girls, sorry I missed last week because I was on vacation

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, no change. I hadn't been on the scale for 8 days and normally I'm a daily weigher. I was SO nervous this morning, but I'm the same as when I left. Turns out if you balance extra booze with only one protein-filled meal a day, it kinda works.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Trip to California with one of my best friends.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Missing my fiance and family while away.

4. Any wedding news updates: Going to send a money order deposit to secure the makeup artist today. Should really call the hairstylist today also but I'm nervous!!! He doesn't have many pics on his website and I'm really picky/don't know what hairstyle I want yet. (Destination wedding so I can't do a trial).

5. Weekly wrap up: Overall good week. Unpredictable eating. Spent far too much money shopping. Lots of going out with my single girlfriend so I feel like I need detox and a vacation from my vacation. Going to start P90x up again - it's the only way I know to have a beautiful back.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Mon 05/09/11 01:58 PMHello Brides!!!

I am making some more changes to our board. I will be posting a monthly board instead of posting a new one each week. If the board reaches 500 posts I will post another thread as part 2 (I will post the link on this thread). I will start the new thread at the first of every month. Since May isn't too far in....I will still be calling this thread Brides on a Mission: May.

Please still continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins.

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

HI all, I've only just seen this but I am definitely a bride on a mission!!

1. Name: Kat
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Dundee, Scotland
    4. Occupation: Administrator
    5. Wedding date: 17/03/2012
    6. Fiancés name: Colin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 and a half years
    8. Heaviest weight: 238 lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: 130lbs Jan 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: belly dancing or 30 day shred
    11. Favorite healthy food: vegetables :)

I have lost 9lbs in the last week. I last weighed in on Sunday.

Glad to be on board with other lovely brides to be! :)
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new!

1. Name: Rachel V
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Galveston TX
    4. Occupation: Spanish Teacher
    5. Wedding date: No Idea! Next fall/summer
    6. Fiancés name: Eric!
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years ... or 4ish ;)
    8. Heaviest weight: 175
    9. Goal weight and date: 130-140 (I would like to reach 140 before Costa Rica in July and then see where I am and not go below 130)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running!!!
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit, Almonds, Chobani Yogurt (Although, yes the sugar!)

Brides on a Mission:MAY (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Asked bditbobcat to be my maid of honor!! Also, Eric proposed the Sunday after our good friends' wedding. They returned from their honey moon and we hung out really late on a Tuesday night with some vino. It was tough today at work, but it was totally worth it! Also, I ran a PR on Saturday at my 10k!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Eric and I have eaten out A LOT this last week. Also my car is messed up and I'm stressing about paying for that and plane tickets!
    4. Any wedding news updates: Mostly right now we are trying to figure out a date. We've been engaged for just a week and a half :)
    5. Weekly wrap up: Its been a great week so far, I just really need to save money and eat out less!
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Hello, I am new!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Asked bditbobcat to be my maid of honor!! Also, Eric proposed the Sunday after our good friends' wedding. They returned from their honey moon and we hung out really late on a Tuesday night with some vino. It was tough today at work, but it was totally worth it! Also, I ran a PR on Saturday at my 10k!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Eric and I have eaten out A LOT this last week. Also my car is messed up and I'm stressing about paying for that and plane tickets!
    4. Any wedding news updates: Mostly right now we are trying to figure out a date. We've been engaged for just a week and a half :)
    5. Weekly wrap up: Its been a great week so far, I just really need to save money and eat out less!

Hey Rach!!! Welcome to the bride thread, SO excited that you are here!
  • Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .4lbs. Ah....I'm frustrated, I've been pushing myself so hard with my work outs and I've been tracking my food...I've even tried switching up my calorie intake from 1200 to 1410 (including eating some of my exercise calories...some days I just have too )and I've only lost 3.4 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm hoping some of you may have some suggestions for me ....

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My FH had a job interview! Fingers crossed he gets it and I bought my first pair of 7 jeans!! I've never been able to fit into them or find a pair that are long enough!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Just trying to stay positive, and hoping this sinus infection goes away soon.
    4. Any wedding news updates: I'm meeting up with my planner next week to make a mock centerpiece! Hopefully they turn out cute!
    5. Weekly wrap up: I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and know that if I just keep going through the motions eventually the weight loss will follow....I hope... =)
  • Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Wow! You look great !! What an inspiration!!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am so sorry I haven't been on here for a few months! I was really struggling with anxiety and depression/stress overload with wedding, school and weight loss so I thought taking a few months off would be a good idea. Only gained 2lbs so I am here to get those off before my wedding day! :) I hope you are all doing fantastic and can't wait to read about all of your successes these last few months! Love you all!!!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: just got back on today!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got our wedding bands!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): nothing really
    4. Any wedding news updates: Got a lot done and looking forward to our cake testing coming up!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Hope everyone has a great week!!