Anyone have scoliosis?

Options
i have scoliosis and I have a reaaaallly hard time working out sometimes and I just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat as me and has some advice!!!

Replies

• ne1384
    Options
    Yes I have a pretty severe case and have to be careful in what I do. I Have four curves with a corkscrew rotation, and my top curve is fused c7 to t1 (I think that's right). I spend a lot of time stretching, modified yoga ,walking and some band restance traing
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have scoliosis and have spent the past few years finally learning to exercise with it. I do weights using machines instead of free weights and just go slow and see how my body responds. I also do low impact resistance based cardio instead of high impact cardio like running. You might also want to talk to a back doctor who specializes in sports medicine to confirm any restrictions for exercise. That's what I did before I started weight training.
  • itsgradyy
    itsgradyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to squat with weight so badly but whenever I do I have terrible pain for about a week. So it's probably best if I stick to body weight squats. I'm gonna talk to my chiropractor again and see what he recommends!
  • nnaaoommii9
    Options
    Yes! I have minor curvature in my back, but it is enough to cause me a lot of pain and suffering! I also have very tight muscles in my lower back that create very painful spasms when I over due it. It has taken a long time for me to learn my limits and how to work out without hurting my back, but it definitely is possible :)
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do, but luckily my pain isn't too bad currently. I only have occasional pain while hiking uphill
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis last year. I mainly walk I so want to weight train but really don't know where and how to start safely.