I want to lose 30 lbs by May/June!!?!

Options
i'm a female and I weigh 167 lbs and I'm 5'5. I'm 100% dedicated to lose this extra weight (belly fat) .... Will HIIT help?

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You need a calorie deficit and it's easier to do that in the kitchen vs. the gym, but HIIT workouts will definitely help.

That said, I wouldn't stress and give myself a deadline like that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That might be a very aggressive weight loss goal. Generally with 30 lbs to lose, you should be aiming for 1lb per week (not including initial water weight loss).

Weight loss will occur with a calorie deficit. HIIT can burn calories and some studies would show it's beneficial for muscle retention. But I would probably also recommend a program based around weight training to help with muscle retention.
  • DarcG
    DarcG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 32 pounds. By July. That's five months so it prob won't happen. Not safe. But I'd def like to lose 20. However my first goal is to lose 8. Short term goals to reach my long term gosl
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well it took a little over 2 months for me to go from 161 to 151, so your goal might be a bit much. However, I have my goal set for .5lbs a week and I'm not doing any high intensity cardio. I mostly just walk, use an elliptical, lift, and occasionally go rock climbing.

If you did things a little more intensely (1lb a week maybe?) you could lose around 15lbs by June, though.
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! I've lost 16 pounds since 12/27/14 and expect to loose another 15 - 20 by April 1st. I eat about 1900 calories/day and do some intense cardio burning off 1200 calories/day. I'm 69 years old, use an insulin pump, have had quad by-pass surgery and am a cancer survivor. If I can finally get the inspiration to lose my excess weight, so can you. My only fear is maintaining the desire when it comes to maintenance. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.