80lb plus

Options
Hi

For those who have lost more than 80lbs ... I was just wondering how long it took them?

Any tips for the journey?

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I haven't lost eighty yet, but have lost 50. Based on my progress thus far, I'd say it'll take me 15 months in total.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I started out at 200 and am not sure whether I'll end up in the 130s or 120s (I have a small frame, so maybe 120s). It has taken a little more than five months to lose 39 pounds. I think fifteen months for the whole journey sounds right, but I'm not putting a date on it.

This is with sticking to my calorie deficit almost every day. I make room for small treats in my calorie budget too, because that's the only way I've been able to stay sane.

Good luck! And don't put a deadline on it. Just stick to the process and results will follow.
  • dtaanderson
    dtaanderson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since last may I have lost 65#/ a lot of exercise (walking) Change in eating habits/ been cal counting now for about a month/
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    1st 80lbs lost = 4 months, 9 days
    2nd 80lbs lost = 4 months, 26 days
    3rd 80lbs lost = 8 months
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Started 1/1/14. Actually a couple of days before that. I've lost 82 lbs on my way to losing 200. Age 53. I'm logging everything. I've set MFP for a 1.5 lb per week weight loss and I'm pretty much hitting thst. I walk around a half hour 4 or 5 days per week.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Lost over 80 pounds. Did it slowly so it would stay gone, so it took about 10 months. Have kept it off for three years. Started off just walking, now I do some running and weights. Healthy diet and portion control. Didn't do anything that I couldn't do forever. (love chocolate).
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm projected to hit 80 lbs lost in about two weeks, which will make it almost exactly 10 months.
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One year...and that was over a year ago! I had to deal with chronic injuries and other medical conditions, so I worked with a trainer who helped me tremendously. As far as advice or tips...
    1. It’s hard work. There’s no magic solution. You have to be consistent. Once the consistency kicked into gear I found it easier to maintain. By then it's a habit and a lifestyle.
    2. Discuss any possible health concerns with a doctor. This way you can face the challenge realistically.
    3. Get educated…and don’t be afraid to enlist the help of qualified professionals to help you meet and exceed your goals.
    4. There’s nothing wrong with having ups and downs, and there’s nothing wrong with you if this happens!
    5. IGNORE people who (wittingly or unwittingly) try to get you side-tracked – “Are you sure you don’t want to eat that?”
      -or -
      “Why are you still doing that? Aren’t you done yet?”
      This is your journey, your story, your health, your well-being, your life.
    6. It’s okay to be frustrated once in a while.
    7. Keep going forward, even if it feels like you’ve taken a step back.

You can do it. Really. You can. Stay with it!
    Best wishes.
  • Body_4_Life
    Body_4_Life Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the all the replies people... Some amazing losses you have all achieved.

Not setting myself to fail by giving a deadline but I just wanted to get an idea.

I agree that it has to be done slowly and with a method that's sustainable.

I have started to walk and get my weights in so hopefully that will help the journey

Congratulations to all of you & thanks for the feedback :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!