New to MyFitnessPal

Options
I have now been on this app for about four days now and I have been throughout sticking to the documentation of what I have been eating. So far everything seems to be going well. I'm sure many other people on here struggle with self control and self discipline when it comes to sticking to a meal plan or even a workout plan. It can be overwhelming starting out! A few years ago I lost about 30 lbs. bringing me down to 120 lbs. but I didn't do it in a very healthy manner. Starting drinking a lot and eating in a bad manner throughout college and now here I am 5'3" and 160 lbs. I'm ashamed of what I've let my body come to and am finally ready to do this! I'm over the 72 hours/3 day hump of starting my new "lifestyle." I also just moved to the Caribbean for some time. No job right now so I'm just focusing on myself and what better way to do it through diet and exercise. I am looking forward to overcoming some obstacles and anxious to see the results over time. I know this will be worth it! Anyone who wants to support me I'll support you back too! Thanks!

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm so jealous you're in such a beautiful place. Feel free to add me. FYI...Logging your food gets easier the longer you're on here.
  • Sidneysider
    Sidneysider Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm relatively new too. Let's do this together
  • Torchgirl756
    Torchgirl756 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie too Day 3 haven't worked out yet how to add friends yet, so far enjoying the app and feeling motivated ( so far
  • xotaaay
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and about 160lbs right now too. It's not gonna be easy, but I know we can do it. That's awesome you're taking time to care for yourself right now, because you and your health are the most important thing. I'm proud of you for starting, already on day 5? That's almost a week girl, congrats :-) There WILL be results, but you HAVE to put in the work. And make sure you are mentally ready for change. If you are, this process will be enjoyable. Learn about yourself, try new healthy foods, do an exercise you don't think you'd like, explore your mind and world. This is a new Alex. Good luck babe. Xo
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Man..a beach...I miss the warm weather so much! =(
    Ok now that you know how jealous I am, I wish you all the best! I also somewhat recently moved to a new country and...am job less at the moment. (Or a house wife, but am ready to work again). On a positive note, I have also had the opportunity to really focus on myself and it is nice. Please say hello to the sun for me and feel free to add me!
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    Oh, I fit right in to this group. Day 3 of tracking. Love to have friends in the same situation. We can do this together.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for just over a month. I find the programme gives me great motivation with its instant feedback. Stick with it add me if you need encouragement.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie too Day 3 haven't worked out yet how to add friends yet, so far enjoying the app and feeling motivated ( so far

I'm the same. Not sure how to add friends either.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Anyone should feel free to add me if they need MFP friends. :)
  • BreAlan
    BreAlan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TerriRichardson and Torchgirl756, click on a persons name under there picture and you have an option to add them as a friend. On day 5 myself, love being able to log my food and see what I am "actually" eating. Been working out for over a month now with a pretty intense 30 min dvd and I think I have been building muscle and I need to add more cardio to loose the fat :/ no weight loss yet but feeling a lot better. I have about 20 lbs to loose again. I go up and down. I am really hoping the mfp will help me make this a lifetime weightloss this time so I can get off the rollercoaster. Would love to support anyone that needs help, I have lost the same 50 lbs about 6 times now so you would think i would be a pro!! NOT, lol
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Hey, I'm relatively new too. Let's do this together

It is always easier with backup.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    alex11183 wrote: »
    I have now been on this app for about four days now and I have been throughout sticking to the documentation of what I have been eating. So far everything seems to be going well. I'm sure many other people on here struggle with self control and self discipline when it comes to sticking to a meal plan or even a workout plan. It can be overwhelming starting out! A few years ago I lost about 30 lbs. bringing me down to 120 lbs. but I didn't do it in a very healthy manner. Starting drinking a lot and eating in a bad manner throughout college and now here I am 5'3" and 160 lbs. I'm ashamed of what I've let my body come to and am finally ready to do this! I'm over the 72 hours/3 day hump of starting my new "lifestyle." I also just moved to the Caribbean for some time. No job right now so I'm just focusing on myself and what better way to do it through diet and exercise. I am looking forward to overcoming some obstacles and anxious to see the results over time. I know this will be worth it! Anyone who wants to support me I'll support you back too! Thanks!

@alex11183 Welcome to the site :) Glad you're here! Well it sounds like you've made some positive strides in your thinking and are right where you need to be in your life. Changes can be good, awkward at times but good in the end. :)

You're absolutely right, it is worth it! You'll continue to feel good about treating your body with respect, gain back some self esteem and your body will love how it's now being treated!

3 Days in...I'm proud of you.. it's not easy but it gets simpler as it becomes a habit, logging foods and activities. (*)

All the best,
    Hearts <3
    MFP Greeter
  • jeremykfield
    Options
    Nice work guys, consistency is everything, if you have one bad day it wont ruin your hard work just start fresh the next day. The most important advice i can give you is dont rush your weight loss! Lose fat while eating as much as possible to preserve your metabolism. Im a personal trainer and im on over 300 days and my clients all use this app. Its the best!

You dont have to be great to start, but you
    Have to start to be great!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

I'm the same. Not sure how to add friends either.

I've figured out the friends thing
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    BreAlan wrote: »
    TerriRichardson and Torchgirl756, click on a persons name under there picture and you have an option to add them as a friend. On day 5 myself, love being able to log my food and see what I am "actually" eating. Been working out for over a month now with a pretty intense 30 min dvd and I think I have been building muscle and I need to add more cardio to loose the fat :/ no weight loss yet but feeling a lot better. I have about 20 lbs to loose again. I go up and down. I am really hoping the mfp will help me make this a lifetime weightloss this time so I can get off the rollercoaster. Would love to support anyone that needs help, I have lost the same 50 lbs about 6 times now so you would think i would be a pro!! NOT, lol

I did it! Onward and upward!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

@alex11183 Welcome to the site :) Glad you're here! Well it sounds like you've made some positive strides in your thinking and are right where you need to be in your life. Changes can be good, awkward at times but good in the end. :)

You're absolutely right, it is worth it! You'll continue to feel good about treating your body with respect, gain back some self esteem and your body will love how it's now being treated!

3 Days in...I'm proud of you.. it's not easy but it gets simpler as it becomes a habit, logging foods and activities. (*)

All the best,
    Hearts <3
    MFP Greeter

I second that. I reach for MFP before I eat anything. I love the instant feedback.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

Don't let yourself feel bad. You have made the right choice now. Onward and downward (with the weight)