Motivation

Options
I work out 4 times a week and eat healthy but I've been at the 211lb mark for a while now and it's bringing me down. Any advice on how to keep motivated or am I just being a big baby haha :)

Thanks!

Replies

• MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?
  • mizukikuro
    mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    About 5 months :)
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food with a food scale?
    What is your loss rate set at?
  • mizukikuro
    Options
    I weigh my food and ensure im eating under my daily calorie intake. I lost 28 pounds fairly easy and I keep track what I eat with MFP. Just the scales won't budge :(
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What about your workouts? Are you doing the same thing? Maybe you can try to change it up.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Did you recalculate your loss goal to lower your calories after the 28lb loss? Weighing less means you need fewer calories to lose at the same rate.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    If you open your diary, people will probably be able to give you more informed info on why you're stuck.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What was your motivation to start losing weight in the beginning?

I find group activities motivating. 2-30 people like kick boxing

I find spending money motivating. Like knowing I spending hundreds on gym membership.

I find losing weight motivating, not much use to you if you have stalled.

I find comments from coworker motivating, and a little odd, especially from people I barely see or interact with.
  • mizukikuro
    Options
    I did change my calorie intake when I lost 28 pounds and I've recently changed my gym routine for longer and on different machines :) no one tells me how much weight I've lost even when I feel it my self. Thinking about joining tai kwon do class to have more fitness in my life.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    Did you recalculate your loss goal to lower your calories after the 28lb loss? Weighing less means you need fewer calories to lose at the same rate.

^ This.

Try using the IIFYM calculator to figure out what your new maintenance is, and then from there create A SMALL deficit in order to keep progressing; http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck at the same weight?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mizukikuro wrote: »
    I weigh my food and ensure im eating under my daily calorie intake. I lost 28 pounds fairly easy and I keep track what I eat with MFP. Just the scales won't budge :(

You are eating too much if over 5 months you've seen no movement

either tracking food issues
    or logging exercise issues

open your diary so people can advise

also post your height, current weight and goal weight loss per week
  • mizukikuro
    Options
    It's been about a month I've seen no movement. I did have a cheat 4 day weekend for my birthday and my weight is 211lb I'd like to be round the 180lb around late summer. I only eat about 800 cals a day and I always stay under my limit of 1,700 anyway. My height is 5ft 4, I don't really have a goal per week. I just weigh my self every week and see how much I lost normally.
  • myassiswayhuge
    myassiswayhuge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe focus less on the calories and look at what kind of calories you are eating. I'm doing 50% protein, 20% fat and 30% carbs. Also, try doing strength training if you aren't already. Things will shift, just stick with it and keep experimenting till you find the right formula.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I only eat about 800 cals a day

based on this, i think you need to seek professional help, OP.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why are you unmotivated?
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I only eat about 800 cals a day and I always stay under my limit of 1,700 anyway.
    You only eat 800 calories a day?! That right there might be your problem! You aren't properly fueling your body. For me, personally, that would lead me to overeat or binge!

• mizukikuro
    Options
    Well not eating as such, badly worded. I only have burned 500 cals through exercise and by the end of the day it will be 800 cals taken off.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Well not eating as such, badly worded. I only have burned 500 cals through exercise and by the end of the day it will be 800 cals taken off.

sorry, can you clear this up for us?

so youre grossing less than 1700 and then knocking 800 off for exercise?
    or youre grossing >2500 and knocking off the 800 for exercise?

part of the problem could be that youre overestimating the burn.

how many NET calories are you eating a day?
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Try calculating your TDEE and subtracting 15-20%. That will give you your calorie goal for the day.