Chinese food?

Options
So I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to go to find Chinese food recipes. I woke up craving Chinese food (which is weird because I haven't had it in 2+ years) but can not order out.

Replies

• saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Google slow cooker cashew chicken. Delicious. I add 1/4 cabbage, red capsicum (bell pepper) zucchini and broccoli about 30-60 min before serving
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like myrecipes. It's a pretty cool site and you can filter recipes based on "World Cuisine."

myrecipes.com/chinese-recipes
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    saires_au wrote: »
    Google slow cooker cashew chicken. Delicious. I add 1/4 cabbage, red capsicum (bell pepper) zucchini and broccoli about 30-60 min before serving

Sounds good. Will definitely look it up.
    I like myrecipes. It's a pretty cool site and you can filter recipes based on "World Cuisine."

Awesome. Thanks.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Looks good, you have nutritional info on this one?
  • missiontofitness
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Why yes, yes I do! I imported it directly, and changed everything based on the brands I used. The calories will be lower, since not all the corn starch and oil is used based on my experience. I underlog oil for this reason; most of what I poured into the pan was still there after I was done cooking the recipe, plus I drained and patted down the chicken after it was fried before tossing it in the sauce, so I account for the fact that the calories are a tiny bit lower than the recipe builder tells me.

l6tfm7m88ds4.png
  • elphie754
    Options

Wow, that looks amazing. I wonder it would work with duck instead of chicken. Duck is better in my opinion with citrus sauces.
  • elphie754
    Options

Why yes, yes I do! I imported it directly, and changed everything based on the brands I used. The calories will be lower, since not all the corn starch and oil is used based on my experience. I underlog oil for this reason; most of what I poured into the pan was still there after I was done cooking the recipe, plus I drained and patted down the chicken after it was fried before tossing it in the sauce, so I account for the fact that the calories are a tiny bit higher than the recipe builder tells me.

l6tfm7m88ds4.png

Wow! Not nearly as high in calories as I would have thought.
  • missiontofitness
    edited February 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Why yes, yes I do! I imported it directly, and changed everything based on the brands I used. The calories will be lower, since not all the corn starch and oil is used based on my experience. I underlog oil for this reason; most of what I poured into the pan was still there after I was done cooking the recipe, plus I drained and patted down the chicken after it was fried before tossing it in the sauce, so I account for the fact that the calories are a tiny bit higher than the recipe builder tells me.

l6tfm7m88ds4.png

I know! I inputted it as six servings (since I cook it in 4oz raw chicken batches) to factor in that rice and possibly another side would be served with it as well, but it's definitely one I can eat on its own straight from the bowl, haha.

Edit: also realized a typo in my OP. Calories are lower*, not higher, because of the oil. :)
  • elphie754
    Options

l6tfm7m88ds4.png

I know! I inputted it as six servings (since I cook it in 4oz raw chicken batches) to factor in that rice and possibly another side would be served with it as well, but it's definitely one I can eat on its own straight from the bowl, haha.

Edit: also realized a typo in my OP. Calories are lower*, not higher, because of the oil. :)

Haha. I made chicken stir-fry the other day and intended to have it with rice since it would fit into my calorie alottment. What actually happened? I ate the entire pan fil of the stir fry and totally forgot I had the rice in the microwave lol.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness- I'm having this! Thanks!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Google skinnytaste Chinese. She has one but for the life of me I can't remember what she called it. It was pretty good.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A quality Chinese takeaway in North London that supplies nutritional info is my holy grail! Nearest thing is Wagamamma......need more :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to go to find Chinese food recipes. I woke up craving Chinese food (which is weird because I haven't had it in 2+ years) but can not order out.

What do you like

I make a yummy beef and green bean chinese - really easy

• elphie754
    Options
    A quality Chinese takeaway in North London that supplies nutritional info is my holy grail! Nearest thing is Wagamamma......need more :)

I can't do take out at all, regardless of if nutritional info is avaliable or not.
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What do you like

I make a yummy beef and green bean chinese - really easy

I like most things lol. Beef and broccoli, meats with citrus sauces, veggies, rices, pretty much all dishes I can tweak to be gf.
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chicken chow mein is good, it's got loads of stir fry ingredients so much better than most things from a chinese.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Try looking on Allrecipes.com. They pretty much have any kind of food recipes that you can think of. Search a particular dish or ingredient and the list pops up. Don't use the app, that is a waste of time. The website is free, but you can pay for stuff if you want to use it for other things. I used a sweet and sour pork dish that came out delicious and the calories per serving was fairly low (until you put in the white rice to soak up all the sauce). :D It was a great recipe though with sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.

The recipe box is free on the website so you can save the favorites while you're browsing and then go back to it later on. It's a neat little site that I have always recommended.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This one my family loves. We make with rice and steamed veggies.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-sticky-and-spicy-chicken/detail.aspx
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    always liked moo goo pan home made
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

bumping