Insanity question

Options
I am thinking of buying the insanity dvds but with them being so expensive and wanted some advice from people have done them, are they worth the money? did you notice a great difference?
thanks in advance - feel free to add me as a friend btw xx

Replies

• thsingleton01
    thsingleton01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago but I'll say this I can feel muscles Aching I didn't know I had lol. And it's addictive I can't wait until tonight to get it in.
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2 questions to ask before you get Insanity. How much time do you have to exercise? and Have you been exercising for a while already?

Insanity has 45 minute to an hour workouts (including stretching).
    T25 has the same intensity without some of the high jumping and is 25 minutes. (Also has a modifier to watch. Secret crush on Tonya. Well, not secret anymore.)

As far as current fitness level: T25 with the modifier may be easier to build up to the full workouts. With Insanity you would have to figure out the modifying moves if you're not "there" yet.

Either way, you get out what you put in so go for it and push yourself but listen to your body to avoid injury.

Good luck.
  • slimmingqueen31
    slimmingqueen31 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So would you recommend t25 as well, i dont have the money to spend on insanity or i would buy it right now, i am very strong and workout 4 times a week anyway mostly weight training, i just want something for in between to work alongside. I need something hard to challenge me
  • slimmingqueen31
    Options
    Do you still have a copy? @joleneee421‌
  • lchadwick3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So would you recommend t25 as well, i dont have the money to spend on insanity or i would buy it right now, i am very strong and workout 4 times a week anyway mostly weight training, i just want something for in between to work alongside. I need something hard to challenge me

If you're doing weight training then you might incorporate the cardio videos from either program for the in-between days. Some of the videos are really hard body weight workouts for either upper or lower body. If you're already getting those areas then cardio may be enough.

If you're filling in the days with cardio, though, I agree that spending the money for either program may be a lot. You could just do some HIIT workouts to get the cardio in without spending the cash.
  • lchadwick3
    Options
    Cough Cough Be careful how you agree to get a copy of this tape Cough Cough Copy write laws Cough Cough.

Just sayin'.
  • slimmingqueen31
    Options
    ok guys this is awesome help thanks a mil - your all really awesome xx
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love Shaun T and insanity however I just bought Les Mills Combat and that for me knocks the socks off insanity - better calorie burn and less impact on my poor ankles:)
  • eangel1023
    eangel1023 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Insanity is hard, but you just do what you can for as long as you can. I highly recommend a good heart rate monitor. That will keep you in the zone and allow you go further in the workout without totally burning out in the first 15 minutes.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend Insanity! I'm on day 36 (just beginning Month 2) and in Month 1 I lost 15 lbs, dropped 1 pant size, and am noticing some definition in my abs and quads that I haven't had in years. My stamina has also improved significantly. It is a difficult workout and you have to be very disciplined and motivated to get through it, but I highly recommend it!

+1 for the heart rate monitor recommendation @eangel1023‌ - it's an additional expense but definitely worthwhile. I've already made up for the money invested in the program by not eating fast-food junk every day.
  • Gavala7
    Gavala7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried insanity last year. I managed 13 days straight and then put my back out. I did start to see results tho.
    It's a great work out but if you're not used to a range of different movements then I would try t25. If you're set on insanity then build into it slowlt. The old saying walk before you can run.