Bad Knees - Needing Workout DVD

Options
I am looking for a workout DVD that will kick my butt but NOT kill my knees:grumble: . I have had three knee surgeries and are 40 years old:noway: . Not wanting or planning on replacement in the near future so I would like to keep them protected:bigsmile: .

Purchased the 30 Day Shred but are reading that it is so hard on the knees. Saw P90X and hell-to-the-naw:mad: . Help me find something.:smile:

Replies

• slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred and find it hard on my bad knees. I just read somewhere that Jillian's Ripped in 30 DVD was not bad on the knees and it should be fairly inexpensive. Maybe worth a shot?? I am planning on doing it next.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Try swimming! Burns a ton of calories and is not hard on knees. I, too, have bad knees. I can also handle, with some modification, doing a class called Body Pump. I just have to keep the weight lower, and when they do lunges I do butt crunches instead.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Swimming or water jogging.
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do NOT, I repeat....DO NOT do P90X or insanity. What are you going to do with the DVD's that you have now...loking to get rid of them?
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try yoga or pilates...I know they might not seem to be much of a workout but they are...let me know what you decide. :flowerforyou:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I also have "Very Bad Knees" (tm). :smile:

I'm actually currently doing Insanity. I wear my braces and just modify some of the jumps/lunges for less impact. My calves are killing me, but not my knees. :drinker:

Also.. belly dancing and/or exotic dancing. Great workouts, very low impact.