Damn you, alcohol!

Options
Yeah, I was doing do well today until those 800 calories of whiskey. At least I manage to keep the extra mixer calories out of it by drinking my booze on the rocks, but still...

Replies

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    350 for my fireball whiskey and rum chata. Could have easily had downed 4 of those.
  • JoshMaz
    JoshMaz Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well, doesn't that sound yummy? I'll down the other four for you.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Alcohol should still be limited if fat loss is your goal, regardless of whether or not you account for the calories.

Your body actually changes the way it metabolizes food when you drink; essentially it sees the alcohol as a toxin that must be dealt with immediately, and therefore pushes anything else (mixers, the chips and salsa you snacked on, etc.) aside and into your fat stores for later use so it can deal with the booze first.

It also dehydrates you, interrupts your sleep cycle, and causes spikes and crashes in your blood sugar, possibly triggering more cravings and overeating.

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    350 for my fireball whiskey and rum chata. Could have easily had downed 4 of those.

Oh my god, I know! I love mixing them though, they are fantastic.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    JoshMaz wrote: »
    Well, doesn't that sound yummy? I'll down the other four for you.

It was yummy, like cinnamon toast crunch with extra cinnamon

• maschauer1
    maschauer1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in my 60s. Sorry to tell you that my body just doesnt metabolize alcohol right anymore. I suffer when I drink, and who has just 1? Not me. So I have given up alcohol. Darn.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    800 in whiskey...neat? That's a lot! For me anyways. I drank wine out of the bottle in my underwear at 3:00 in the afternoon today so I feel you.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I was way under on my calories today so I treated myself to 240 calories of apple pie moonshine. Still have another 375 calories remaining at my 1 pound per week goal.
  • JoshMaz
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah. @JossFit has some good points, but funny how well I will ignore them. Guess that's my current issue. Yes, @arditarose‌, it really is. Thank you for being there with me today!
  • daniellebearuk
    daniellebearuk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    it's too easy, especially as often it's on top of the food you;ve eaten for the day...i had four glasses of wine last night - 400 calories...then i got home and had to have toast to soak it up...another 200...600 calories on nothing basically...:(
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It is never about the alcohol calories with me, the problem is what I consume at the end of the night/morning to try to mitigate a hangover the next day!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    It is never about the alcohol calories with me, the problem is what I consume at the end of the night/morning to try to mitigate a hangover the next day!

Exactly! !
  • JoshMaz
    Options
    I've decided (again) to limit my alcohol consumption to just the weekends. I've been under my calorie budget for the few days since then, but by Tuesday it sure felt like a long way to go until Friday!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm a lightweight, I get drunk on less than 200 calories of vodka. Then I get the drunken munchies, though. So I have to curtail my drinking, too.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    *adds Fireball Whiskey and RumChata to shopping list*
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Alcohol calories definitely add up which is why (for the most part) I have limited my alcohol intake to the weekends.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I do this every weekend haha.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I cut way down on my alcohol...except for yesterday. Yesterday was a bad day and I went back to my old habit of comforting myself with wine. I am sicker than a dog today. :\ I told myself this morning Never Again! Ugh!
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What I have found in the past, when I drank alcohol, the weight gain didn't happen until several days later... like they are trying to catch up. Do other people have that happen?
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    mugofire wrote: »
    What I have found in the past, when I drank alcohol, the weight gain didn't happen until several days later... like they are trying to catch up. Do other people have that happen?

Yep. I think the alcohol dehydrates so next morning you think your drunken feast didn't do too much harm, then a couple days later you see the real damage.