Sugar-free flavored coffee creamer without partially hydrogenated oil?

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I just use a dash of cream with torani syrups. I'm all about the Sugarfree Salted Caramel. . .

There's a Sugar Free Salted Caramel Torani? That's all I needed to know. *mic drop*

Actually, thank you everyone for the good ideas!! I've got some coconut oil at home, so maybe I'll give that a try...and I'm definitely picking up some of that Torani syrup :smile: .

I do coconut oil, too. In my experience, it enhances the flavor of the sweetener, so you don't have to use as much. Plus, it's coconutty. :smile:
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »

This looks great. I'll have to try it when I finish up the Italian flavor that I just got yesterday.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil adds lots of flavor and creaminess. I also like to add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
    I add 3-4 tablespoons each morning to my coffee (my go to fat source to replace an equal amount of carbs) and l like the taste.

We at early morning events like tradeshows where that is mainly donuts, juice and coffee I will go with 1half cup of half and half creamer and coffee to get my fats and protein start for the day.

Actually I find there are often many ways to do coffee most anywhere I go even at McDonalds.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Did I say mic drop after the sugar free salted caramel? I'm sorry, I meant MIC DROP. There is COOKIE BUTTER coffee syrup.

I just found out about the salted caramel a few weeks ago. It's higher salt and calories than the hazelnut I usually use, but it's so worth it. I mix them, 1T each, and it's amazing.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Seriously? How about cream?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Seriously? How about cream?

Ummmmm....I use cream. Or half and half, usually. I'm looking for something to replace the sweetness in my coffee, preferably something flavored? Sorry, I thought that was quite clear in my post, I sincerely apologize if not. But thanks so much for your input, it was very helpful.

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Did I say mic drop after the sugar free salted caramel? I'm sorry, I meant MIC DROP. There is COOKIE BUTTER coffee syrup.

I just found out about the salted caramel a few weeks ago. It's higher salt and calories than the hazelnut I usually use, but it's so worth it. I mix them, 1T each, and it's amazing.

I don't care for hazelnut so much, though I can see how that would be really good. I didn't end up ordering anything, but I'm going to try to get over to World Market ASAP - it looks like they carry some of the more unique flavors on shelf (I found sugar free vanilla Torani at my regular grocery store, but now that I know about salted caramel and cookie butter that seems so much less appealing, lol). Maybe I can try one here and there and restrain myself from ordering one of everything, haha.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm here for this...On Torani's web page right now. I wouldnt mind going the way of half and half. I love a creamy coffee
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If you're not already on it, get on World Market's mailing list and loyalty club. They occasionally have crazy good sales on Torani syrups. I added a second wine rack in my cupboard, just for Torani syrups. I have a fondness for the Brown sugar cinnamon as well!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The larger Bed Bath & Beyond stores -- the ones with grocery sections -- have a HUGE selection of the SF Torani syrups (& regular ones for those who don't care about sugar). I've tried Toffee, Salted caramel, almond, cinnamon vanilla--I've also occasionally used them in my oatmeal --yummmm
  • jessthep1rate
    jessthep1rate Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Almond extract is amazing!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I know, I know, use real sugar and just use less, but I drink a LOT of coffee and this could be a place and a way I could at least attempt a compromise - if it doesn't work out, I'll try a different approach :smiley: .

If you drink a lot of coffee and plan to continue to do so, why not try and give your taste buds some time to adapt to a different flavor?

You might not like using less sugar right now. But over time you'll begin to appreciate new flavors that you're currently covering up with too much sweetener.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    I know, I know, use real sugar and just use less, but I drink a LOT of coffee and this could be a place and a way I could at least attempt a compromise - if it doesn't work out, I'll try a different approach :smiley: .

If you drink a lot of coffee and plan to continue to do so, why not try and give your taste buds some time to adapt to a different flavor?

You might not like using less sugar right now. But over time you'll begin to appreciate new flavors that you're currently covering up with too much sweetener.

I kind of agree a little. I am down to using the coconut oil and one teaspoon of splenda or one serving of Torani. I was one of those people who had 3tbsp of sugar in every cup. The person they were talking about when they made up: "you want some coffee with your sugar and cream?" If you find the SF sweeteners aren't doing it for you, just try tamping down on the sugar a little bit at a time. Your tastebuds will adjust. You will be satisfied with less. I hope to one day wean myself to half of the little I do now. That Torani is pricey when you use it every day.

You can't argue with the calorie difference between sugar and artificial sweeteners. But taste... It's an adjustment. Some people just don't like it. I'm satisfied with my switches now because I was determined to stick it out. My tastes have adjusted. Some diet sodas though are still bleh!

Less cals drunk does mean more cals to eat. So if you can find something you like to sub, that's ideal... but if not, it isn't the apocalypse.

Good luck, OP. :heart:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're not already on it, get on World Market's mailing list and loyalty club. They occasionally have crazy good sales on Torani syrups. I added a second wine rack in my cupboard, just for Torani syrups. I have a fondness for the Brown sugar cinnamon as well!
    This is where I usually buy mine, as well. I don't drink a lot of coffee but when I do it's sugar free syrup and powdered skim milk for me. The fruit flavored syrups are great for adding to fizzy water, too. I have a friend who uses them for her Soda Stream.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    This is where I usually buy mine, as well. I don't drink a lot of coffee but when I do it's sugar free syrup and powdered skim milk for me. The fruit flavored syrups are great for adding to fizzy water, too. I have a friend who uses them for her Soda Stream.

I hadn't thought about adding them to fizzy water. I am trying to cut back on my caffeine. (Well, it's in the planning stages. . .I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee AND a diet coke open, atm.) That would rock. Thanks!

As for the fruity ones - I use the Rasberry syrup in my low carb cheesecake recipe to make it a Rasberry low carb cheesecake. :D

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

I hadn't thought about adding them to fizzy water. I am trying to cut back on my caffeine. (Well, it's in the planning stages. . .I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee AND a diet coke open, atm.) That would rock. Thanks!

As for the fruity ones - I use the Rasberry syrup in my low carb cheesecake recipe to make it a Rasberry low carb cheesecake. :D
    All I can advise is cut back slowly. :lol: I tried it once cold turkey and the headaches aren't fun.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I've also found the SF Torani at Burlington Coat Factory, of all places, in the housewares section. Usually at ridiculously low prices, too. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Cream with some vanilla extract in it.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »

I try to do this, but I find if I'm stressed or tired I will still crave a sweeter cup of coffee. Having a sugar-free option that one actually enjoys the flavor of might prevent similar backslides.

Though I must say, all this talk of cookies and salted caramel, I'm intrigued. And would you look at that, MFP was oh-so-kind enough to put a Torani ad right on the page... paranoid.gif
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

My husband has put pumps in most of our bottles and lined them down the back of our kitchen counter. I like the wine rack idea better just to keep them off the counter! hehe