200+ To Lose

Options
Looking for others with a lot to lose.
Im 5'5, 370lbs. Starting today with a personal trainer and a plan!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Remember it's not a race. You'll get there, just look at it in small chunks rather than the 200+ as a whole.
    It's hard work and alot of mental strength. You can do it! :o) Best of luck!
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Luck . Be patient, you did not gain all that weight in a short time, do not expect it to come off so fast.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your on the right track! Dont lose faith, you can do it!
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I wish you luck and great success. Don't think of it as 200+ to lose, think of it as 20 lbs. at a time. Use your support system. I've had great success this time around because of MFP and due to 6 of my friends/co-workers doing a "Biggest Loser" challenge. It's a lot of work and a daily challenge, but you can do it. If I can, anyone can.
  • Kegzilla
    Kegzilla Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck, i'm trying to get rid of 40 - 50kg myself. *crosses fingers* :)
  • joshholl
    joshholl Posts: 17
    Options
    you can add me if you want, i had over 200 to lose but have already dropped 61lbs. so im down to the 150's left to lose. that much is a lot to lose and really makes you feel like you're making no progress at times. so instead of looking at the big picture, i just set a goal of 3lbs per week and try to make that.
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree with one of the previous posters. It is good to have short term goals on the way to your long term goal. I have lost 45lbs, but have a ways to go just have been doing it one short term goal at a time. Feel free if you would like to add me to your friend list.

TTFN,
    Ryan
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Like others have said it's not a race. Don't be afraid to tell the PT to let you catch your breath.

Don't play the Limbo Dance with calories either.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi! Im in the sameee boat! Just keep on trucking it! Add me for support if you would like!
  • hugginsc
    hugginsc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All the best to you! Hang it there. I started my weight loss journey about 8 months ago. When I started, I was 360. I've lost about 60 pounds so far. Just signed up with a personal trainer on Saturday for the support and accountability. Just know that you can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good advice! I like the idea of just a few pounds at a time!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    You can do this. You have the know how. You have tons of support. I JUST KNOW YOU WILL SUCCEED! :)
  • bluefamiliar
    Options
    I'm there myself and just starting today. No plan aside from one day at a time. And no personal trainer though god knows I wish.
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    I am working at it slowly in chunks. I dont' have a trainer, but I have MFP, a lot of support and a desire to be healthier. I work at it one day at a time and one small goal at a time. Everyone is right, its easier to see it in small chunks its no so overwhelming. I have about 180lb to lose still. Its a long road, but ... its a great road.

Keep your chin up, never give up and good luck!