how long until you noticed a difference?

Options
Hi there, i was wondering how much weight you lost/how long it took until YOU saw a difference in your body?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I was seeing mirror changes even when I was only losing inches and not scale weight. It all depends and vary for every person.
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started in late November 2013 and in the days before Christmas I was excitedly buying a new dress size - so 1 month, and around 9 lb off. It came off very quickly because I had a lot to lose at that point and I went at it hard. To be honest my tummy looks better instantly when I switch from stuffing it with 3000 cals to giving it just 1500 - just in terms of the bulge.

On my body ( 5 foot and half an inch) I see change every 3-4 pounds in terms of how the mid section is looking and how much back fat bulges from underwear.

But be patient, this is a long old road!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 15-20 pounds up or down before I see a difference in the mirror. But it definitely varies from person to person.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you have a lot of weight to lose. That question is impossible to answer because every person is so different. I am 5'3 and 137lbs right now. If I am consistently logging my food and working out, I immediately FEEL better. It takes a couple of weeks to start seeing definition in my muscles.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    A week. But that's not really fair, because when I first started I was carrying a lot of water weight from some atypical food choices (I weighed 210 on January 10 and was down to 199 by Jan 17) So that puffy, bloated look went down really fast and definitely made a difference in how I looked and felt.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    About two months in, when I dropped in pant size, did I really "see" it.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This week in fact. I had started on my eating plan in January and stayed in the same numbers like (250 - 259). so this week, when the scale turned over to the next set of 10's (249),, I was excited to see it go down. so now MFP says if I continue to eat like this I will be 234 in 5 weeks! wow! that's a set of numbers I have not seen in a long time! I'm not counting everything, but watching what I eat. that's all I can do right now.. but I've been logging in this week.. one step at a time. this week I'm concentrating on bringing my own food and having fruit around here when I get hungry around 3:00.. if I just keep this up I will make it! I got that mindset of commitment, not just a wish to be smaller.
  • CourtneyJune15
    CourtneyJune15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    melliebee wrote: »
    You don't look like you have a lot of weight to lose. That question is impossible to answer because every person is so different. I am 5'3 and 137lbs right now. If I am consistently logging my food and working out, I immediately FEEL better. It takes a couple of weeks to start seeing definition in my muscles.
    I asked this to hear your personal experience, not asking when I should expect to see a difference (: I know it takes time patience and commitment, but I was curious to how others experiences were. And I do need to lose a good 40 pounds. I just take good pictures hahaha
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    About three months when I purchased 6 new pair of jeans (went from a tight size 12 to a lose size 8). Motivation? I threw out all the old ones. :)
  • CourtneyJune15
    Options
    DebzNuDa wrote: »
    About three months when I purchased 6 new pair of jeans (went from a tight size 12 to a lose size 8). Motivation? I threw out all the old ones. :)

Thats awesome!!!
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for me, as I am tall-ish (176 cm) with a fair bit to lose. And because of my weight distribution, a pant size takes a goodly while. Eg I am currently a 16-18 (Australia) and my goal is to be about 12-14.
    I was that size about 20kg ago, but it's hard to tell as when I previously gained and lost weight it was not baby-related girth. This time around my stomach has an nasty hang to it, thanks to full term twins. :D
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I should add, that it' likely around 5kg I kinda notice a difference
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I notice the fit of my at clothes around 7 pounds. At around 10 to 12 pounds I usually drop a pants size. My family doesn't notice anything unless I drop around 20 pounds. And before you ask, yes, this is the last time I plan on having to do this. I'm in it for the long haul this time :)
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It was about 5 months in for me. That's when I decided to ditch the belt and see what size I was in.
    I went from a 14 to a 10 and those 10s made it pop.

Now I am in. 4-6.

I went from xl shirts to small

And from a 36c to a 32B bra.

• CourtneyJune15
    Options
    Love these! I notice a big difference at around 20 lbs. At least that's how it was last time i lost weight
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I never seem to see a difference in the mirror, I have to look at pictures. I lost 55lbs (5'4, from 167 - 112) and didn't see any difference until looking at the before and after shots. I then stopped counting for a few months, and thought I was doing alright since, to me, I looked the same. Turns out I had gained 20lbs. I still can't see any difference between now and how I remember myself looking then, but I can look at pictures from then and see that there is a difference. I see a difference in the pictures about every 10-15lbs.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    9 months and 50lbs for the first big hit and then again 6 months later another 30lbs down. I still want to lose another 5lbs and then I think I am done. BMI 21.8 at that point. I look great...with clothes on. I am going to need surgery for my stomach, unfortunately.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    30lbs when i went down a belt notch. Wow how time has flown.
  • mrihel6615
    mrihel6615 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and started at 142 last January.
    It took me losing 10 pounds to start noticing a difference (height probably effects that!)
    But it really hit home by the time I lost 17 pounds (125lbs)
    I had a friend who went through her own journey and she told me to watch for my collar bone because that's when she started noticing her weight loss.
    Now I can feel where my hip bones are starting to show through and I'm not even at a healthy weight yet. /: but the scale doesn't always tell you things.
    Sometimes you just have to feel them! I have been stuck around 122 for over a month, but I can feel parts of my body are different and I've lost a half inch off of my thighs, stomach, etc.
    measuring yourself definitely helps.
  • courtney965
    courtney965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and 138lbs I notice a different off around 7lbs because I'm short. My aim is to get to 9 stone and I'll be happy