What are you doing for Valentine's Day that doesn't involve food/candy?

Options
Well I told my hubby no going out to eat for Valentine's and no candy either. I know some people are taking a VD "break", but I find that breaks don't work for me and make it very hard for me to get back on schedule if I do that, so I'm not. Just wondering what ideas anyone might have for me. Movies are in the back of my mind, IF I find something we want to see and no popcorn at movie! what else?...

Replies

• kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Spa treatments!

I was considering getting a couples' massage for me & my partner instead of a food outing. It's a wonderful way to reward your body without filling it with chocolate. Actually, massages are my way of rewarding myself if I hit a weight goal.

You could also do a mini road trip to some neighboring city or go on a nature walk (if you live someplace warm... not where I am right now, it's filled with snow)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    hubby wants to go out to dinner so we are going to Logans and counting my calories. I can forget the candy but you have to eat so why not a nice restaurant.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Well I luckily have taken a VD break ... I don't want to see a doctor on Valentine's Day.

My plans are to go out for a delicious dinner, get my favorite chocolates eat them in moderation over a few days, and enjoy it like any other day.
  • jmacok
    jmacok Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will be at our Dual State Wrestling Championships coaching to win a state title.

The joys of coaching....turns any holiday into just another normal day.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A surprise decorated room for hubs-with balloons, candles, stuffed bears-and some rose petals. Im going to get a movie-have a fresh veggie, fruit and cheese tray ready. Snuggle in with a good movie and healthy munchies. Yesterday was hubs bday-and I did nothing-totally nothing for his bday-we are very busy but still-his bday passed without even a gift. So I have to try to do something special for valentines day.
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    IIts my daughters 5th birthday so were taking her bowling with all her family and friends. No better day for me and my oh than spending it making our kids smile :-)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Make a favourite at-home meal. You control what's in it and still enjoy it.
  • salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think my partner and myself may be the only ones who don't do anything for V-Day.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    It's a Saturday so I will be at the gym.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are just going to cook some steaks on the grill and relax at home. Not really much different than any other night, I just bought some ribeye steaks instead of sirloin :-)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Sulking.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I told my husband to get me an edible arrangements fruit basket as a gift this yet instead of chocolate. I know that involves food but it's at least a lot healthier than junk!
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kids to Grandmas - thinking of going to the movies to see 50 shades of grey on the big screen... and with the kids away... (Wink wink) a home work out! Win Win!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think my plans w/ my hubby of a quarter century should probably not be posted on a fitness message board. :D;)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    5k Valentine fun run, with the family, at the local running store.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Instead of the usual candy, I'm taking the hubs and the kids to Dave and Buster's to play games!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Booked massages together and fancy dinner out (within reason, only eating to maintenance)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    As much as I'd love to say something romantic, instead we'll be at our oldest sons hockey tournament - so a weekend traveling from arena to arena and in a hotel room with our 3 kids.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    lisaab27 wrote: »
    Well I told my hubby no going out to eat for Valentine's and no candy either. I know some people are taking a VD "break", but I find that breaks don't work for me and make it very hard for me to get back on schedule if I do that, so I'm not. Just wondering what ideas anyone might have for me. Movies are in the back of my mind, IF I find something we want to see and no popcorn at movie! what else?...

Why not have popcorn? Just eat it plain with no topping. Popcorn is a healthy snack it is the toppings that can be bad.

No break for me, eating as usual. I am grilling steaks and having wine with dinner. It will fit into my calories and I will cut back on my other meals for the day if it doesn't. I have been doing this for 3 years and never once have I regretted any "extra" calories on holidays. I am on maintenance now, but still try not to go over