Feeling a bit frustrated!

So...Hello and yes I am completely new to this app! Many of my friends started using MFP and raved about how much they loved it. I initially didn't think much about it until recently when I decided that it was time for me to get serious about getting fit. So I downloaded the app and within three days I was down 3lbs.....you can imagine my excitement! Now I am not overweight but I have definitely let myself go since having kids and definitely need to get back into the swing of exercise and eating right. I now have completed two weeks using this app and have been pleasantly surprised by how much better I feel and my ability to better manage food. I even started doing zumba and yoga weekly to help with my overall progress. To my surprise though, I gained when I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in. Now it wasn't much.....but STILL I can't help but to feel a tad frustrated when I have been counting calories so closely, drinking more than enough water, and incorporating my physical activity. A multitude of things could contribute to a small gain but I was expecting a loss, even if it was just 1/2 a lb!!!!!! Did anyone else experience this in the beginning? I know it is part of the weight loss journey but I still a bit defeated! HELP!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. My weight fluctuates like that for me all week long. Sometimes it is caused by too much sodium, TOM or increased physical activity. When you have so little to lose, patience and accurate calorie counting will be key for you. Read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Best wishes and you can do this :)
  • veronicakelly351
    veronicakelly351 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi i. New too. Just trying to work out how to send a new message has comeuote="acarlile1;10083610"]So...Hello and yes I am completely new to this app! Many of my friends started using MFP and raved about how much they loved it. I initially didn't think much about it until recently when I decided that it was time for me to get serious about getting fit. So I downloaded the app and within three days I was down 3lbs.....you can imagine my excitement! Now I am not overweight but I have definitely let myself go since having kids and definitely need to get back into the swing of exercise and eating right. I now have completed two weeks using this app and have been pleasantly surprised by how much better I feel and my ability to better manage food. I even started doing zumba and yoga weekly to help with my overall progress. To my surprise though, I gained when I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in. Now it wasn't much.....but STILL I can't help but to feel a tad frustrated when I have been counting calories so closely, drinking more than enough water, and incorporating my physical activity. A multitude of things could contribute to a small gain but I was expecting a loss, even if it was just 1/2 a lb!!!!!! Did anyone else experience this in the beginning? I know it is part of the weight loss journey but I still a bit defeated! HELP![/quote]