losing motivation

Options
I've been doing this since february and i seem to be losing motivation. When i started out i was full of enthusiasm but now it seems to be disapearing and i dont know what to do. Its really not helping that i keep getting loads of people saying its my build and that I'm ment to be this size. I know its going yo take a while to get to
my goal weight but sometimes i just wish it would be quicker lol.

So all I'm really asking for is some advice to keep going and probably a kick up the bum lol

Replies

• Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    Great job so far, you should be proud of yourself!

Maybe it's time to take a break and maintain for a while, take the pressure off yourself and see if your new eating habits are sticking with you, then when you are ready ~ dive back in to losing to get to your goal weight.

Just my 2¢:flowerforyou:
  • ncwmark
    ncwmark Posts: 40
    Options
    You've already done so well, you've proven you can do this, the road ahead will be rough but look at what you've already accomplished... nothing can stop you.
  • djlaxton
    djlaxton Posts: 1
    Options
    Try finding a friend to try a new activity with...biking, hiking trails, trying a rock wall at a gym. The weather is nice so maybe getting outside with some fresh air and a friend will make it feel less like work and spark your interest again.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing that's why we recommend it daily. - Zig Ziglar

Ignore other people's opinions on your goals. You and you alone know what is right for your body. Most people have seriously skewed perceptions of what being healthy is, what a healthy weight is, and all other kinds of myths including body type or being "big boned"...

If you are truly questioning your dedication, take a week off. Or two. But don't forget to re-evaluate yourself after that time and see if you feel you should start up again. No one can motivate you but yourself but you have an awful lot of support here if nothing else! It should be a lifestyle change, not a weightloss challenge, so there is nothing wrong with giving yourself a break when you start to stress out about it.

And great job so far!!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    losing weight is not a fad or just something to do, You have to commit your self to eating right working out and You can not let anything get in your way. Not even "your build' work hard and stay focused.. Gaining weight is easy losing it is the hard part. when the little voice starts talking to you on your shoulder hey why are you working out lets watch t.v. instead.. you have to tell it to kick rocks and keep working hard!!!. you can do this just remeber your doing this for your life and your familys life...
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Look at where you were, look at where you've come to , and be excited about where you'll be......I'll bet you'll be changing your id name from bigmama to hotmama.
  • kittynava22
    Options
    I got that way when I hit a wall a month ago but I took a break while my family did a PCS (Military move) to Ohio, now that I am here I feel like its a good time to continue, its a fight but you can do it!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's a good time to back and re-read your profile. Look at your reasons for losing weight, your inspiration, etc. It will help to reinforce WHY you're on this journey in the first place.

You've had great success so far! If you don't think so, go pick up something that weighs 30 pounds and try to carry it around for an hour. That can help to reinforce how successful you've been to date.

I think it's natural to have a bit of a motivational lull at this point. We've lost a good amount of weight, planning our meals is a lot more routine than it was in the beginning, our exercie is more comfortable, and the rate of weight loss may be slowing a down a bit.

Maybe this is the time to set some new goals. Shake up the exercise plan or increase the intensity. Explore some new foods. Might get you excited about the process once more.
  • Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't give up! It's hard...I know and sometimes struggle with that motivation. Try changin up your routine...it's easy to get bored. Go outside or do a workout video. Oh and my favorite is loading my ipod with motivating workout music that helps keep me pumped! Surround yourself with people that will keep you going when you start to slack off or join you.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. I have days when I want to sit down and eat an entire package of oreos and a gallon of milk, along with a bag of lays potato chips with my favorite salsa. But then I think of all the reasons I am doing this, and it makes me get my motivation back. 30 pounds is AMAZING!! Try not to let what people say to you get to your head. That is ridiculous that people have the nerve to say things like that. Hang in there. You will get to your goal weight and laugh in their faces! :laugh:
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way. This is a journey not a destination ;) Keep walking - remember this is your LIFE and it is worth the time and effort you put into it. Love Yourself. Treat Yourself. Enjoy Yourself :flowerforyou: