10 pounds

Options
hello! I'm 5'6 150 and workout regularly and eat well... But can't seem to lose anything! The scale is so psychological! Uggh

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First thing you have to do is get rid of the "ideal weight" that you believe you should be, because that number is rarely indicative of true health. Of course 140 for a 5'6 woman is quite reasonable, but its not necessarily the best weight for you.

If you are fit and healthy at 150, does it really matter what the scale says?

Is 10lbs going to magically change your life and open new doors for you?
  • veanna111
    Options
    1. Some people say don't weigh yourself daily because it can be discouraging, others will say to weigh yourself daily as its motivation. I personally don't weigh in every day (once a week for me) as I know it will fluctuates. Do what you feel is best for you.
    2. Switch up workout routines as your body gets use to the same exercises. Examples: cardio one day, strength training the next whether arms or legs then a full body 1 a week.

Hope this helps :)
  • sitaparry
    sitaparry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 150 pounds sounds good to me and doesn't sound as if you need to lose weight. Yoga is fantastic for stretching and defining muscle without making you bulk up. And some cardio for fitness.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jess52395 wrote: »
    hello! I'm 5'6 150 and workout regularly and eat well... But can't seem to lose anything! The scale is so psychological! Uggh

I don't know what 'eating well' means, but if you're not losing weight it's because you're not in a calorie deficit.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging your food accurately?