Here to lose around 45kgs.

Options
Hey everyone my name is Sharna. I'm from Queensland in Australia. I'm looking to lose a substantial amount of body weight. If you have any advice or tips please feel free to share. I've been going for nearly 4 weeks and I have lost 3kg already. :)

Replies

• HeidiJenkins05
    HeidiJenkins05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Is there anything you are struggling with the most?
  • sharnzskii
    Options
    Everytime I log in it tells me I haven't eaten enough for the day but I make sure I eat every meal. Also I am sick of the same things, I'm looking for recipes that are cheap to make, healthy & not too heavy in the stomach too because I am really sick of eating the same things & might give me ideas for snacks. :smile:

Thanks!
  • maccarossi1
    maccarossi1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm from near Melbourne and am about two-thirds of the way through losing the 42 kilo's that I started with. Things that worked really well for me were lowering my carb intake, too much bread/pasta/white rice really adds up! And another was doing weight/resistance exercise, amazing how quickly you can rid some body fat doing that! Feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for some :) good luck!
  • sharnzskii
    Options
    Can't add you my phones being stupid haha. But please add me if you want to. Umm yeah I've been doing weights and have considerably less kilojoules & carbs in my diet.
  • Vikkim2015
    Vikkim2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also in QLD, want to lose 55kg. That is my main goal and will see when i get there if it's enough. I have been over 100kg for some years and overweight for 30yrs so it's is not going to be easy.
    Late last year i felt if my health was to improve i had to make some changes.
    I started looking at what i ate (not a lot but way too much carb food) so that was the first to drop and without realising it i had lost 6kg from beg Nov to end Dec. I weighed in on 2 Jan and was very happy.
    I have been walking everyday and swimming when i can (will be going more from this week) plus logging what i eat.
    From 2nd Jan to last Sat i have lost another 6.7kg (48.3kg to go) and am so happy as i feel much better and can notice the little things i can do easier now than before.
    Definitely keep the carbs down and keep away especially from starch and grain.
  • ashleemack
    ashleemack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharna good luck with your goal in from NSW I hope to loose 22kg and change my lifestyle so this time it says off :)
  • ezrecognise
    Options
    Hey, sounds like we have similar goals. I want to lose around 25-30kg. I'm living in Bris!
  • serpentinasolis
    Options
    I'm going for about the same amount. Starting with just a 50lb goal though!