Need help

Options
So me and my mom (I don't live her) I live with my husband. Have gained weight since being on remrone. It's a sleeping medication I've been more active I. The house with cleaning but haven't lost any. I have no internet access and am using 3G to post this. My husband and I are having very hard financial times right now. I don't drive and have suffered from depression, anxiety, and panic disorder most of my life. I don't have access to a gym and can't walk outside as I live in a rural area. I am home most of the time unless it's go to the store or to a drs appointment. I was exercising with my wifi. I am very sedentary and need to lose around 40 pounds. I'm 4'11 and weigh almost 150 pounds. My dr agreed to put me on adapex if I lost 5 pounds and I haven't yet so I'm terrified she won't when I got back the end of this month. I try to eat as healthy as I can but sometimes it's hard because our income allows for us to barely get by and eat what we have in the house or what we can afford. Help! It's getting to the point where I hate seeing my body.

Replies

• JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You do not need to leave the house to exercise. Do pushups, situps, planks, running in place, lift heavy objects, etc

You do not need to spend more money to eat healthy... you need to spend less. Eat fewer calories than you burn. Simple.

Limit carbs to around 100 and sugars to as low as you can and you will lose weight by the fistfuls. Im down 24 pounds of fat and 43 to 35 inch waist in the last year. I added 5 pounds of muscle.
  • racergirl334q
    racergirl334q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you. So carbs is more important than calories?
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Easily. By limitings carbs, there are many days where I need to add calories to maintain weight loss. BUT I add protein or fat calories NOT carbs. Eat all the fruits and veggies you want just cut out the good stuff like baked goods, breads, cookies.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    You do not need to leave the house to exercise. Do pushups, situps, planks, running in place, lift heavy objects, etc

You do not need to spend more money to eat healthy... you need to spend less. Eat fewer calories than you burn. Simple.

Limit carbs to around 100 and sugars to as low as you can and you will lose weight by the fistfuls. Im down 24 pounds of fat and 43 to 35 inch waist in the last year. I added 5 pounds of muscle.

+1

There are PLENTY of free things that you can do in the comforts of your own home. Getting healthy doesn't necessarily need to cost a fortune.

The list of exercise suggestions above are spot on & costs nothing. You can fill empty gallon containers with water to create your own weights.

In regards to food, if fresh veggies are too expensive, go generic frozen. Decent size bag (2 lbs) of frozen broccoli (store brand) typically are under $2.00. Frozen crinkle cut carrots $0.98. Thaw & toss a big batch of veggies in the over & bake it with tons of spices (again generic spices are typically $1.00 & lasts). And you have your veggie component on the cheap.

Being financially challenged just means that you will have to get more creative.

Best of luck to you.
  • KerstinK1972
    Options
    I agree you do not need to leave your house. I do not understand why you cannot go on a walk though? As for eating a head of lettuce tomatoes and cucmber are not very expensive and can be your lunch for 3 days. The one thing that popped out with this post is that you are very discouraged. Being discouraged and coming up with reasons why you can't do it will hinder you. Make a list of things you can do. And coem up with a rountine. Next time you go to the library you can go on pinterest and they have great in home work out routines. Print them out. GOOD LUCK
  • racergirl334q
    Options
    I can walk around my yard. I live on a big hill in the country next to a main road. I am so out of shape I can barely walk up and down the hill. I understand the vegetable thing but I honestly don't care too much for them. Ienjoy bananas, apples, strawberries. But as far as veggies I like corn and potatoes.
  • racergirl334q
    Options
    It is also quite cold here too.
  • racergirl334q
    Options
    I love to dance though. Don't I need to do cardio and burn far before using weights?