Lookin for success stories for those w/ not much weight to l

Options
Hi ladies...been sorta feelin like im hititng a wall even w/ working out 5 to 6 days a week. I have shed some weight but the toning in the midsection isnt happening as quick and Im not seeing "drastic" things and some have said because I dont have much to lose it's harder to lose it?? so w/ that...im lookin to those who have had success in the loss of 10 or so lbs and toned? I'd love to hear some tips from you on your workouts/eating, etc. I'd love to take aways some advice and apply it to help me continue in this journey :) Thanks friends :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• GeorgiaSlover
    Options
    me too!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am getting toned but I am not losing any weight and it is frustrating!!!
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I set out to lose only 15lbs (slightly over your 10lbs) and get in shape. I started training for a half marathon and eating right (with the occasional slip here and there) but I have now lost 32lbs... more than double my original goal. I only weigh 132 and I'm 5'7" and a size 6.
  • ratkaj
    Options
    Me too! I am getting toned but I am not losing any weight and it is frustrating!!!

I have found that your body will hit a point when it is happy with the weight... you might get a 1-2 under that point but it keeps going back to that weight (for me 132). I have then found that I have started toning up and losing inches... but no more weight
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    I set out to lose only 15lbs (slightly over your 10lbs) and get in shape. I started training for a half marathon and eating right (with the occasional slip here and there) but I have now lost 32lbs... more than double my original goal. I only weigh 132 and I'm 5'7" and a size 6.

Please divulge some of your secrets, I've been stuck at the same weight FOREVER!!! Workout, eat right, and not seeing any real weight loss. Toned up a lot but would like to see the scale budge
  • ratkaj
    Options

Please divulge some of your secrets, I've been stuck at the same weight FOREVER!!! Workout, eat right, and not seeing any real weight loss. Toned up a lot but would like to see the scale budge

my secret..... RUNNING.

I hated running. not just disliked but HATED running. BUT it's a great exercise for your whole body. it works your legs, arms, and core muscles and if done correctly (correct form, posture, and speed) is an amazing calorie burner.

Also, eating right. I used to think I was eating really well but I have found that a lot of "heathy" food that I was encouraged to eat were actually keeping me "fat". Granola is a big one, dried fruit, lots of nuts, and eating too many carbs. I worked with a fabulous personal trainer to get my running started and she told me I was eating too many carbs too early in the morning. I changed my breakfast to cottage cheese and berries and next thing I knew the scale started to move again. I eat less pasta and I try to limit my bread intake which are both hard since I am a Carboholic!!

That's all I have! I'm not an expert but this is what has been working for me. hope it helps!
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I only have about 20lbs to lose and reach a plateau around 10lbs. I started my "journey" janaury and in Feb i decided to take pictures because sometimes you can't see the changes. At the beginning of every month i take pictures and even though i have only lost about 5lbs since taking the pictures when i see the pictures i have taken in Feb i have noticed a huge difference! I can def start to see more muscle definition and i look leaner over all. If you havent taken pictures i would highly recommend that, it def gave me a lot of motivation when i thought i wasnt getting anywhere.
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    I only have about 20lbs to lose and reach a plateau around 10lbs. I started my "journey" janaury and in Feb i decided to take pictures because sometimes you can't see the changes. At the beginning of every month i take pictures and even though i have only lost about 5lbs since taking the pictures when i see the pictures i have taken in Feb i have noticed a huge difference! I can def start to see more muscle definition and i look leaner over all. If you havent taken pictures i would highly recommend that, it def gave me a lot of motivation when i thought i wasnt getting anywhere.

Thanks girl! I did take a few pics a few months ago. I think i will take some again and compare because I havent taken any since then. :)
  • Jess0218
    Options

my secret..... RUNNING.

I hated running. not just disliked but HATED running. BUT it's a great exercise for your whole body. it works your legs, arms, and core muscles and if done correctly (correct form, posture, and speed) is an amazing calorie burner.

Also, eating right. I used to think I was eating really well but I have found that a lot of "heathy" food that I was encouraged to eat were actually keeping me "fat". Granola is a big one, dried fruit, lots of nuts, and eating too many carbs. I worked with a fabulous personal trainer to get my running started and she told me I was eating too many carbs too early in the morning. I changed my breakfast to cottage cheese and berries and next thing I knew the scale started to move again. I eat less pasta and I try to limit my bread intake which are both hard since I am a Carboholic!!

That's all I have! I'm not an expert but this is what has been working for me. hope it helps!

I def have learned to enjoy running myself and I guess just sticking w/ eating SMART is the key for me. I try to listen and take what everyone has shared w/ me...but even w/ that I dont see anything drastic. at least in the lower tummy area. My hubby says Im toning and he can see it....might have to take my pic and look myself ;p
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just started trying to lose 15lbs and I'm worried I won't see the drastic weight loss that some have experienced. Just started the C25K so I'll be a runner soon. My diet is okay, but I'll keep an eye out for carbs and sugar. Sounds like pictures are a must. I took some months ago(when I was supposed to start working out...but didn't) and I'll have to take a few this week to compare. Thanks fo rthis post!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I started out at 5'5" and 152 lbs in January 16 months ago. I started training and jogging again and lost 10 lbs in nine moths... Not the results I was looking for. So, in October I cleaned up the diet. I was down to 130 by mid November. I cut alcohol except for one day a week, I switched to whole grains and lots of fruit and veggies. My trainer told me over and over that "it's all in the diet." "You're doing all you can on the physical level, now you have to take the next step and clean up the diet" I think the alcohol showed the biggest weight drop.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck around 130 for about 6 weeks now! I will lose a pound then within a week or so I bounce right back up! I started a brown rice and veggie diet yesterday though so we will see how that goes! I only have 8 pounds left so this is the final steps and its way harder then the first 25 that I lost. Good luck hope you finish strong!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Thanks girl! I did take a few pics a few months ago. I think i will take some again and compare because I havent taken any since then. :)
    definitely do this. I was frustrated with myself because I'd only lost about 3 lbs so I took pictures 8 weeks into working out. I can tell a pretty good difference from the pics. There's one in my profile if you want to check it out.
  • Jess0218
    Options
    I started out at 5'5" and 152 lbs in January 16 months ago. I started training and jogging again and lost 10 lbs in nine moths... Not the results I was looking for. So, in October I cleaned up the diet. I was down to 130 by mid November. I cut alcohol except for one day a week, I switched to whole grains and lots of fruit and veggies. My trainer told me over and over that "it's all in the diet." "You're doing all you can on the physical level, now you have to take the next step and clean up the diet" I think the alcohol showed the biggest weight drop.

Take a look at my diary when you have time and skim thru. I def know diet is key. I hate sayin im on a "diet" so i try to just make it my lifestyle cuz If I go on a strict diet i always fail. So im just tryin to eat smart. Im tryin to keep most of my carbs in the earlier part of the day as recommended but I dont always stick to it. Thanks for your tips!!! :)
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in your same situation. I've lost 10 pounds since Feb but I am not seeing the definition like I thought I would with the weight loss. My stomach and inner thighs are still my biggest problem. I'm running and doing weight training....things are happening just not as fast as I would like. I've been taking pics once a month and I can finally see changes. I'm too scared to post them here right now but I'd be happy to email them to you.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Take a look at my diary when you have time and skim thru. I def know diet is key. I hate sayin im on a "diet" so i try to just make it my lifestyle cuz If I go on a strict diet i always fail. So im just tryin to eat smart. Im tryin to keep most of my carbs in the earlier part of the day as recommended but I dont always stick to it. Thanks for your tips!!! :)

Do you eat any fruits of veggies? I didn't see any on yesterday's log. If you're eating them and not loggingthe
    That may be your problem. They really add up, especially fruit. They provide so many nutrients and are full of fiber to keep that digestive track working correctly.
    [/quote]
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I only started seeing real results once I started strength training 2-3 times a week. I was eating right and doing lots of cardio for a couple of months and I lost 15lbs, but I didn't start getting that toned look until I started with weights. I've even begun noticing my stomach area slimming down, which was one of my most stubborn spots! It is now slowly fading away :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I set out to lose 20 lbs. I did that. It took until the last few pounds to even start noticing a difference in the tummy though. I have since decided to go for another 5lbs. I'm currently 114 aiming for 110. The tummy is the last place you're going to lose the weight but you will get there, it just takes time and patience and continuous effort.
  • Jess0218
    Options

Do you eat any fruits of veggies? I didn't see any on yesterday's log. If you're eating them and not loggingthe
    That may be your problem. They really add up, especially fruit. They provide so many nutrients and are full of fiber to keep that digestive track working correctly.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I log pretty much everything I eat. I do eat fruit and veggies, not everday tho. Right now, im low on both...time for the monthly grocery shopping..haha so I will restock then.
  • Jess0218
    Options
    I set out to lose 20 lbs. I did that. It took until the last few pounds to even start noticing a difference in the tummy though. I have since decided to go for another 5lbs. I'm currently 114 aiming for 110. The tummy is the last place you're going to lose the weight but you will get there, it just takes time and patience and continuous effort.

Thanks so much for your encouragement :) Im 5'6 at 133. I think according to websites Im in my "range"..but where the weight is hangin out at def needs toned! haha I do also weight training along w/ spin classes and other toning/sculpting classes at my gym.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!