Starting out over 80 pounds to lose!

Options
Hi, im starting with about 80-100 pounds to lose! Need support!! haha. btw my profile pic isnt me its my thinspiration! i'm 22 from the uk and today i've eaten stirfry (proud!) needing cheap exercise ideas, planning on stopping taking the lift to my flat (i'm 8th floor!!!) I run my own business so i spent A LOT of time at the computer sat on my size 18 back end snacking on rubbish and ordering meals from my local takeaway... which does 18" pizzas for £10 might i add! Temptation's a b***h! ;) looking for all the friends and support i can get! xxx

Replies

• Locagirl87
    Locagirl87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Heck yea girl you can do it! I'll add you so we can motivate each other. I'm looking to lose 80 lbs as well!
  • charlotte251
    charlotte251 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's daunting isn't it? haha.. we can get it off!
  • sean_borth10
    sean_borth10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with yall, trying to lose the 80 pounds and i just started. It's scary....but I keep picturing myself at my goal weight, and it keeps me motivated. Good luck to the both of you!
  • garantannie
    Options
    Trying to loose 60 pounds now . It took me almost 3 years to loose 55 pounds and I really don't wanna wait an other 3 years for those other 60 I need off . One of my Facebook friend finally lost 75 total in like 10 months and she did it all counting the calories on this app so I decided to try it !!! You can all do it girlz as long as you go on this app 3 times a day n be sure to not pass ur calories ur fine n if you do , put some music on and cardio danse n jump for 30 minuts !
    I've lost 2 lb on this so far
  • AmandaMMeister
    AmandaMMeister Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! But I am proud to say that I am down 19.6lbs. I have many more to lose but its a start! MFP is great to get motivated and I love connecting with other people who are also needing to lose lots of weight!
  • charlotte251
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! But I am proud to say that I am down 19.6lbs. I have many more to lose but its a start! MFP is great to get motivated and I love connecting with other people who are also needing to lose lots of weight!

19.6lbs? That's super precise!! Haha.. that's brilliant though! It's at least a dress size right? :smile:
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. That is a gorgeous pic of your future self:-) I have about 120 pounds to lose. Wow... that was hard to write. I've been logging in and staying within my calories for 19 days now, and I am feeling great about it. You asked for cheap exercise ideas. The cheapest are obviously walking and running. I actually joined a gym. I had a great workout in a hotel room last weekend doing the circuit training stuff I do at my gym. I just picked six exercises, and I did as many repetitions as I could of sets of 12 of each for 30 minutes. You might do something like that if you are trying to workout inexpensively. My workout at the hotel included stuff like 12 squats, 12 push ups (used the nightstand), 12 jumping jacks... I also did lunges back and forth across the room twelve times. The lunges took the longest. I think I managed 3 reps of all six exercises in 30 minutes. Then I jogged back and forth in my room for 20 minutes. It was actually a pretty good workout almost as good as I get at my gym. They don't have machines. You just do body weight stuff. Good for you for getting started on this exciting journey :-)
  • drnisley
    drnisley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone of you can add me if you want. I just started back up and looking to lose 80 lbs as well. Already in my first 8 days back and have lost 1.6 lbs. Good luck to all of you.
  • charlotte251
    Options
    Nice to meet you. That is a gorgeous pic of your future self:-) I have about 120 pounds to lose. Wow... that was hard to write. I've been logging in and staying within my calories for 19 days now, and I am feeling great about it. You asked for cheap exercise ideas. The cheapest are obviously walking and running. I actually joined a gym. I had a great workout in a hotel room last weekend doing the circuit training stuff I do at my gym. I just picked six exercises, and I did as many repetitions as I could of sets of 12 of each for 30 minutes. You might do something like that if you are trying to workout inexpensively. My workout at the hotel included stuff like 12 squats, 12 push ups (used the nightstand), 12 jumping jacks... I also did lunges back and forth across the room twelve times. The lunges took the longest. I think I managed 3 reps of all six exercises in 30 minutes. Then I jogged back and forth in my room for 20 minutes. It was actually a pretty good workout almost as good as I get at my gym. They don't have machines. You just do body weight stuff. Good for you for getting started on this exciting journey :-)

The circuit training at home is such a great idea!!!!! And yeah i know how you feel having a big goal... hearing women say things like 'oh i really need to lose 7lbs for summer' and you're just there like... I WISH!! haha may have to start the circuit! x
  • MartiRose88
    Options
    My name is Marti and I have about 60 pounds to lose. I was down to 160, which I thought made me look great.... But being in a relationship and getting comfortable left me open to getting back up to 230 pounds.......now that I'm newly single i want to change my life and focus on me again. Add me if you like
  • Hi
  • I'm Mike Chang
  • sandraallangrimes
    sandraallangrimes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in for the long haul too. I started MFP Jan 1st, down 24.8 pds so far. I would love to have Any motivational friends to help and help me get through this journey. I look forward to the day when I reach a comfortable weight with myself.
  • I also have 100 lbs to lose. Doing good so far. Been on for two weeks :). Anyone can add me also :)
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. the motivation and support from friends is helping me.
  • msb11989
    Options
    Word, add me that's a good idea. I'm gonna find an inspiration photo good luck
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey all feel free to add me :) always looking for new friends with nice big goals :) I had about 60 lbs to lose as you can see lost some of it :) but still some to go x
  • suntomoon
    Options
    Here we are all at the first/beginning steps of a BIG journey -not necessarily a long one.

I love the idea of the 8th floor walk- up Charlotte 251 - it then becomes essential to walk up the stairs every day. Even if you have to stop 20 times, whether you are carrying stuff or not, and soon those eight flights will be doing amazing things to your tush!

You run your own business? This will be easy! We are here for you!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I have been on MFP on and off...i'm dedicated to stick to it this time. I want to lose 40 pounds...my goal is 140 pounds. I almost cried when my fav jeans didnt go past my thighs, but I will wear them again! I also started the 30 day shred and I'm on level 2, it's hard but I'm trying my best to stay motivated. :)
  • Body_4_Life
    Body_4_Life Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also looking to lose 80Lb+ on week 1 and from the U.K.

With the support of this group I'm sure you will be very successful so good luck