I Can't Meet My Daily Nutrients Correctly

Options
I can't seem to be able to hit my day nutrients very closely! My fats are way too high and protein low and I don't know food/snacks/etc. to fix it. Is there any help for me?

Replies

• KarmaBridges
    Options
    mfi3x40ulbtp.jpg

Example of today
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to help when we can't see what you're eating; if you could set your diary to public, it'd be easier.

That being said, good sources of protein are:

Cottage Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Nuts (in moderation, they can be calorically dense and high in fat)
    Cheese
    Chicken (lean and high in protein. double win)
    Most meat in general
    Eggs

Try adding some of those for protein help. Of course, how you prepare them and in what quantity you eat them has significance as well :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Do you even meat?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Eat more lean protein and less fat?

ie fatty cutys of beef swap for a lean rump steak or chicken or pork or turkey or fish

Cut back on oils if you need

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Open diary would be incredibly helpful for us to help you out. Can you make it public?
  • KarmaBridges
    Options
    Of course! Let me just figure out the settings
  • KarmaBridges
    Options
    The most problem I have is that I don't particularly enjoy eating meat (I'm not a vegetarian, it's just that I don't really like the taste for anything really outside chicken and fish. And I don't know if I want to force myself to eat something because then I feel like I'll start hating it)
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    The most problem I have is that I don't particularly enjoy eating meat (I'm not a vegetarian, it's just that I don't really like the taste for anything really outside chicken and fish. And I don't know if I want to force myself to eat something because then I feel like I'll start hating it)

Protein supplements
    Greek yogurt
    Peanut butter
    Beans (lupini has 11 grams of protein in one serving)
    Etc....
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You may just want to work on one macro at a time until you get it figured out. Protein in my hardest macro; I meet my goal about half the time. I don't LOVE meat. But I've learned how to keep the other two in check!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

I don't eat any meat other than chicken and fish either. That's fine. There's lots of protein in chicken and in fish. Also in milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, beans, chickpeas, tofu, lentils...

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you even meat?

ahahhah :D
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions here!
    Google plant based sources of protein.
    Hummus, beans, Quinoa!!!!, buckwheat, almond butter
  • QTIN
    QTIN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for snacks then it shouldn't be hard, there's almost a fat free/ low fat version to every food item I've seen in stores, I personally like low fat pudding or jello with fat free whip cream.
  • hislittlelights
    hislittlelights Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    on this topic, I find I'm consistently low on potassium. Other than decaf coffee, what are other good sources of potassium?
  • segacs
    Options
    on this topic, I find I'm consistently low on potassium. Other than decaf coffee, what are other good sources of potassium?

Bananas.

But seriously, don't worry if MFP's diary shows you to be low on potassium. Since food labelling laws don't require potassium to be listed, most MFP database entries are created by users based on food labels and will show 0 potassium even when a food contains it.

The only time to worry about a potassium deficit is if you have a blood test and your doctor says you're deficient.
  • myassiswayhuge
    myassiswayhuge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take Potassium as a supplement. 99mg a day.

The macros take a while to master, I think it just takes some time and experimentation to figure it out.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It just takes some practice. Try pre-logging your meals to see what foods work well together and which ones don't.
  • blairf83
    blairf83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Find a protein powder you like and run with it. I was always carb heavy and protein and fat light (more protein than fat, but... still). When I'd try to get my protein in, Id end up over calories... But since I added a protein shake a day in, snacking on 100 cal greek yogurts, I'm actually meeting my macros AND staying within calories.
  • segacs
    Options
    You don't really need to supplement with protein powder. If you choose to, that's fine. But you don't have to -- you can get enough protein via food, even as a vegetarian.