Weight

Options
How often do people weigh in?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning after using the toilet before eating.
  • mjbaker1981
    Options
    motive

I have been doing the same, but seeing the same weight everyday when I working so hard is majority depressing
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    motive

I have been doing the same, but seeing the same weight everyday when I working so hard is majority depressing

I would find weighing every week majorly depressing. It would drive me mad. You know exactly where you are when you weigh everyday. You know if you're just fluctuating that day. If you weigh weekly and you're fluctuating on the day you weighed you may think you've gained weight, when you might have been a pound less the day before and day after. But if once a week would work better for you then go for it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As long as you understand how, when and why your weight fluctuates it doesn't matter if you weigh daily or weekly.

I hop on the scales 2 or 3 times a week, official weigh (and log) day is a Monday.
  • andyb9385
    andyb9385 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Instead of weighing in on the scales every day, take your measurements for different body parts ie- your legs,arms, waist etc and you will notice a difference in them although maybe not on the scales because you are gaining lean muscle and shedding fat. Hope this helps
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    andyb9385 wrote: »
    because you are gaining lean muscle and shedding fat. Hope this helps

No
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself every day will give you inaccurate fluctuating numbers and will only cause stress, disappointment, discouraging and at worst depression. I weigh in once a week or fortnight. I try not to focus on the scales.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scales 2 or 3 times a week, official weigh (and log) day is a Monday.

I do the same thing.
  • DemoraFairy
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Weighing yourself every day will give you inaccurate fluctuating numbers and will only cause stress, disappointment, discouraging and at worst depression. I weigh in once a week or fortnight. I try not to focus on the scales.

I'd get all that weighing once week precisely because of the fluctuations. If I weigh every day I know exactly where I am. Plus weighing once a week would put so much more emphasis on it for me. When it's everyday, it's just part of my normal, boring daily routine. Once a week would suddenly make it this big event that I think about the whole week.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself because it messes me up mentally no matter if I lost or not. I'm measuring this time instead and seeing a lot of loss. I did finally get my scale out the other day, but the batteries are dead lol. So now I'm waiting while I decide new batteries or new scale. I hate this scale....it's a nice one but it keeps my info on it for anyone to see.....and well I'm not anywhere near a point that I'm comfortable with others seeing my numbers.
  • 1012Anna
    1012Anna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday in the morning. There was a time I was weighing myself every day and I figured out, on Saturday when I get a lot of sleep and have had a light dinner on friday the scale Shows the smallest numbers :blush:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When I started I logged weight once a week but weighed daily.. after a good few months I started to log daily so I could track the normal fluctuations over time .. now I don't get phased by a 1-3lb gain
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily, it's better for me to see the fluctuations. It doesn't bother me anymore.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh your self every day. If you weight is anything like mine it can go up and down daily. I think minimum once a week or would that be maximum?

On average I lose .2kg a day. That is too all an amout to try a measure.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is no right and wrong on frequency, just understand the advantages and disadvantages.

Make your weighing consistent i.e before you eat after youve been to the loo, as you can fluctuate by 4lbs a day. Do not get freaked out by fluctuations as you need to consider the trend.

Use other methods as well, visual, tape measure etc.

Weight loss is not linear so it will not go down in a straight line. Sometimes you lose other days you will not.

Get your math right. You need to check you are in sustained deficit.

Be patient.

I weigh every day because it motivates me in a good way. I like information and to know where I am. If I lose thats good, if I dont lose I work harder. Woyld drive me a bit bonkers if I wasnt exercising.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    motive

I would find weighing every week majorly depressing. It would drive me mad. You know exactly where you are when you weigh everyday. You know if you're just fluctuating that day. If you weigh weekly and you're fluctuating on the day you weighed you may think you've gained weight, when you might have been a pound less the day before and day after. But if once a week would work better for you then go for it.

You are so me :D I weigh every day and have no issues with doing so. It is like others have said, you just have to understand that your weight will go up and down. If someone can't handle that kind of change then I would suggest maybe a couple times a week. I've kept this weight off for years and in part that is because I weigh daily and am fully aware of where my weight is. Yes there are many other factors to why I've kept it off but I believe wholeheartedly that this is big reason why!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week just to make sure all is well and I'm staying around the same weight :) I used to weigh daily when trying to lose and found fluctuations hard to deal with even though I knew what was causing them. I have a more relaxed approach these days :)
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hourly....jk I weigh in daily :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    After i wake up and gone to the bathroom.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track it because I'm a numbers person. Plus it doesn't stress me out..just keeps me on track :)