How do you get motivated diet -wise?

Options
13»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I wonder if just adding an extra spin class would help? I was thinking of maybe doubling up one day a week

One extra spin class is maybe 500 calories if someone your size is working at high intensity. For 1/2 lb per week loss you need a deficit of 250 per day, or 1750 per week. 3-4 additional spin classes on top of what you're doing already would get you closer, since for all intents and purposes, you're likely at maintenance. Personally based on what you described I would probably pick either Saturday or Sunday to go out on the weekend, just like that I'm guessing you would save yourself a lot of calories by cutting the outings down by half. Just don't replace it with sitting around at home and stuffing your face like I might :laugh:

Also it's pretty clear you've been at this a while but you may wish to review some of the forum stickies. Frankly if you're lucky, you may find a sneaky couple hundred calories here and there that you weren't logging, and maybe decide you don't care that much for the item, and easily eliminate some calories as a result (like if your wings are being dipped and battered in all kinds of stuff you don't necessarily care for, you could get em naked instead...). That sort of thing.

• roystonmcgee
    roystonmcgee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just look in the mirror with no clothes on. Instant motivation.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice on how to get motivated diet wise?
    I am super motivated with my fitness and am at the gym 5 days a week without fail over consistantly for the past year. However I just can't seem to stay motivated diet wise. I have not lost a single pound in this last year and feel I have wasted all my time at the gym because my diet sucks.
    I do pretty good through the week but every weekend my husband and I go out for dinner at the pub ( so eat things like wings, pizza , beer) plus often go to Sunday brunch as well. I also enjoy a couple glasses of wine over the weekend ( I'm taking a wine course) and usually paired with some nice cheese. These are just things I enjoy so much in life and look forward to all week. I just don't know what to do or how to give this up or if I even want to! I am so torn! How can I enjoy life and reach my goals at the same time? Is that even possible?
    Help!

log fewer calories during the week to save calories for the weekend .. but keep logging as accurately as you can until you work out how to adjust your diet to a weight loss basis

or stay like you are

weight loss is kitchen based
  • Jonealex63
    Jonealex63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice! Just thought I would add a tip I use- filling up on low calorie, high fiber foods before I go have the meal out. If you want to go out and have wings then do it! But don't do it on an empty stomach! Salad or veggies, fruit, juice, even a small baked potato are low calorie options to take the edge off. At the end of a meal of low or high calorie foods we feel the same- full, so help yourself get there with less calories. Cheers!