Weight

2»

Replies

• Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Monthly but I do measurements weekly bi weekly just to ensure I am still on track. It is more important for me to be eating a balanced nutritious diet and exercise, weight loss is a happy result of both. :)
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Monthly but I do measurements weekly bi weekly just to ensure I am still on track. It is more important for me to be eating a balanced nutritious diet and exercise, weight loss is a happy result of both. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    andyb9385 wrote: »
    Instead of weighing in on the scales every day, take your measurements for different body parts ie- your legs,arms, waist etc and you will notice a difference in them although maybe not on the scales because you are gaining lean muscle and shedding fat. Hope this helps

NO.
    With the exception of newbie gains, one does not gain muscle in a deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    I weigh daily, record weekly.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Every Friday morning and I take my measurements every 4 weeks :)
  • RegularR0b
    RegularR0b Posts: 15 Member
    Every day in the morning after using the toilet before eating.

Yup me too.
  • drdwngfan
    drdwngfan Posts: 33 Member
    Wednesday morning - mid week check in, then official weigh in on Saturday morning after my workout before breakfast. Measurements done every 4 weeks.
  • RegularR0b
    RegularR0b Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2015
    motive
    Every day in the morning after using the toilet before eating.

I have been doing the same, but seeing the same weight everyday when I working so hard is majority depressing

I would find weighing every week majorly depressing. It would drive me mad. You know exactly where you are when you weigh everyday. You know if you're just fluctuating that day. If you weigh weekly and you're fluctuating on the day you weighed you may think you've gained weight, when you might have been a pound less the day before and day after. But if once a week would work better for you then go for it.

This is exactly why I agree that weighing daily is the way to go. Don't worry, as you start seeing progress it'll get easier to deal with days on end of going up and down. I weigh daily in the mornings after bathroom, and log only drops in weight. Like right now I'm 232.8. But I know that last Sunday I weighed in at 231.8. That's the weight I have logged till I drop below it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    weekly, on Friday or Saturday mornings just after working out and before showering.
  • Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    As long as you understand how, when and why your weight fluctuates it doesn't matter if you weigh daily or weekly.

I hop on the scales 2 or 3 times a week, official weigh (and log) day is a Monday.

I do this too
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    I'd get all that weighing once week precisely because of the fluctuations. If I weigh every day I know exactly where I am. Plus weighing once a week would put so much more emphasis on it for me. When it's everyday, it's just part of my normal, boring daily routine. Once a week would suddenly make it this big event that I think about the whole week.

Agreed completely. I weigh myself daily, and put it into a spreadsheet. It gives me a seven day average weight as well, and even with daily fluctuations, that's almost always going down. I occasionally have days where my weight will jump by 1.5kg in either direction, and to have to take that as your weekly weight would give me an inaccurate idea of my progress.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    I weigh daily. I like seeing my fluctuations. To me, knowing and understanding my fluctuations makes this whole process less stressful.